Champagne card ?

Is the card available on Rhapsody?

I wish I knew as I will be on her in May. It is a Champagne Bar-specific thing and she does have a Champagne Bar, but whether this is something that's offered in all Champagne Bars I don't know and didn't think to ask on Explorer.:(

This is my first time on RCCL.:confused:

I checked deck plans - and it appears that Grandeur does have a Champagne Bar. Is there any way to find out before hand if they will have - do have - the champagne card?

This is is neatest thing I ever heard of :D - I work my way through the Champagne menu each day - :D

I printed the menu from a previous post - I can hardly wait.;)

Okay, gang.

Your missions are to find out if the ships upon which you are going to sail have the champagne card or an equivalent program thereto. We owe it to each other as champagne lovers to find and share.

So, when you get back, please find this thread (don't start a new one...it would just get confusing), and add your info on.

Thank you for your attention in this matter. :D

Okay, gang.

Your missions are to find out if the ships upon which you are going to sail have the champagne card or an equivalent program thereto. We owe it to each other as champagne lovers to find and share.

So, when you get back, please find this thread (don't start a new one...it would just get confusing), and add your info on.

Thank you for your attention in this matter. :D

Aye, aye, Captain Karina! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='KarinaGW']**Sadness**

Rhapsody is (at the moment) my next cruise. Maybe I can lobby for it. woo hoo.[/quote]

I'll go to the Champagne Bar and talk to the bartender. See if we can stir something up...LOL

Thank you WindinmySails for the update. I'm saddened by this but I won't give up:D

We just got back yesterday. The Champagne Card is alive and well but you won't see it advertised.

Ask Andre (the bartender) for one. They are $43.13 and include 10 champagne cocktails..
I have the card here since I didn't use the last cocktail...no loss since we bought 3 cards over 9 days, but I am copying this from the card for those who are interested...

(Champagne Cocktail Package..valid only in the champagne bar includes:
C= Champagne

Bellini....C, peach liquor and Creme deCassis

St. Moritz..C, apricot brandy, gin and orange juice

Kir Royale..C, and Creme de Cassis

London Special...C, Augustura bitters and sugar

How's everybody...C and apple schnapps

Make my day..C and midori

Caribbean Cassanova...C, creme de banana and OJ

Good and plenty..C and apricot brandy

Love Boat...C and peach schnapps

Mimosa..C and OJ

There is a ten spot circle that gets punched when you buy each drink and you can use it all at once or over the course of the cruise.

If sold separately, each cocktail is $7.95 so buying the card makes them roughly half price. We did tip extra when buying the cards ($10 on each card) and still considered the package a great bargain...Tip that little bit extra cash and see how many times your card doesn't get punched!!

[quote name='sgttami']We just got back yesterday. The Champagne Card is alive and well but you won't see it advertised.

Ask Andre (the bartender) for one. They are $43.13 and include 10 champagne cocktails..
I have the card here since I didn't use the last cocktail...no loss since we bought 3 cards over 9 days, but I am copying this from the card for those who are interested...

(Champagne Cocktail Package..valid only in the champagne bar includes:
C= Champagne

Bellini....C, peach liquor and Creme deCassis

Mimosa..C and OJ

There is a ten spot circle that gets punched when you buy each drink and you can use it all at once or over the course of the cruise.

If sold separately, each cocktail is $7.95 so buying the card makes them roughly half price. We did tip extra when buying the cards ($10 on each card) and still considered the package a great bargain...Tip that little bit extra cash and see how many times your card doesn't get punched!![/QUOTE]

Hi Pam,

Was looking for anyone wearing orange at around 300pm by the Skybar on our sail away day (10/20)
I was touring the ship with my 3yr old son who was wearing a sailor outfit
and a red Carnival Hat :)

[quote name='skepticalw2kids']Does anyone know if they have a booze card equivalant on the Soverign of the seas? I was on the Majesty a few years back and they did.[/QUOTE]
They used to have booze cards, but discontinued them a few years back. Now, they have the wine package and the Champagne Card. If you're looking for information about alcohol [I]unrelated [/I]to the Champagne Card, this is the link for the multi-merged thread about all things alcohol: [url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=419131[/url]

So far, the mods have (bless their hearts) let this thread live without moving it into that one, so any of those questions would probably be better researched there.

<crossing off Rhapsody from my list of ships> :(
[quote]Bellini....C, peach liquor and Creme deCassis

Mimosa..C and OJ
[/quote]
Those all sound too too yummy. Now I have to go find something to drown my sorrows in.

;)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='cruisecrazymama']I know she has a champagne bar, now I'm hoping she has the champagne card! Hopefully someone will report back before we leave and let us know, if not, well, I'll just have to sacrifice myself for this mission. I'll be sure to offer a full report when we return:D[/quote]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkorange]there is a WONDERFUL bartender on the Rhapsody--name is Chan. Last Oct he was in the Schooner Bar & unfortunately in Sept he was on vacation!!! He makes up drinks--and is so personable. Have fun on the Rhapsody[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Never made it to the Champagne bar on the Serenade. The Jewel usually had daily specials in the Champagne bar, but no card. Freddie was our bartender on the Jewel and got me hooked on the Bellinis.

Found the card on the Adventure. Our bartender, Benny, had the sign up the first day and my sister and I gravitated right over and got our cards. Even if we didn't finish off the cards, we were better off in terms of cost. Not to worry, we completed them. Benny would greet us every day as we passed through the Promenade.

To answer earlier questions, yes, you can take the cocktail with you. You are not bound to stay in the bar area with your cocktail. We usually got ours as pre-dinner cocktails.

Smoking and nonsmoking areas are available in the Champagne bar on the AOS. The bar was smoking and the seated areas were nonsmoking. Sorry, just don't remember how that worked on the Jewel.

Enjoy, everyone!

Jen

Hi:

I just returned from the Freedom's New Years Eve cruise this past Sunday and I went to the Champagne Bar and asked about the card and was told no, they didn't have them there. We enjoyed the bar anyway and that's where we were on New Years Eve at midnight.:p

Happy Cruising......Sparkle 10

:( :( [quote name='KarinaGW']It wasn't advertised heavily on the Explorer either. I read it on Page 2 of Day 1's Cruise Compass under Food & Drink. I think I saw a sign or two, but that's pretty much it.[/quote]

I checked with RCI and this was their response:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I'm sorry you receive misinformation. We do not offer a Champagne card.

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Sandra Brent
Customer Service Representative:( :confused: