Westerdam dining times help?

sk99

I’m new to HAL. I booked HA Westerdam cruse. On the reservation form they have 4 dining options, but the website does not explain what times are applied to each of the options and what upper/lower dining means. We sailed many times before, but I never saw options like these. We like early dining and I picked the first one: Early Upper because on the other cruise lines early time is around 6 - 6:30. Does anyone know dinner times on Westerdam? I do not want to have dinner very early. Thank you.

The only thing we do not like about the upper dining room on the Westerdam is that is on the Promenade deck and instead of looking out to sea, you see people walking around. This is only true on Vista ships and the Prinsendam. Other than that the only difference is dining time.

GN

I think "main lower" means 8:30. We have "main upper" on our up-coming cruise, this coming Tuesday on the Maasdam, YEA! I asked the same question on this board. The always helpful HAL CCers told me "main upper" was 8:00. Being this will be our first Hal cruise, I'm not speaking from cruise experience, but from HAL CC experience. Hope this helps.

Harvey

Thanks Mack704 ! This will be our 1st HAL cruise also. Our last 2 cruises have been on the Caribbean Princess and have had the "anytime dining" which we loved. Have been reading the info on the HAL menus people have been posting on here and we're really looking forward to sampling some of the items listed :D

tootiesmom

Archived