Star Princess fire report to be made public

smeyer418

Unfortunately, that date's capable of being misleading. Where it currently says "13 October 2006", that just displays today's date. The announcement was made some time ago. I think it was posted about at the time. But you can clearly see the chronology from one page up in the site. The latest latest news is actually dated 3 October 2006, and this is two items earlier in that list.

Sorry to double post. By consultation they mean its sent to the parties(the cruise line-the ship builder) for their comment before it is officially published. They get a chance to correct what they percieve as errors before it is published. Makes for a better product.

The report went out for consultation in September. There is a 28 day period, but according to a friend who is a lawyer it may be that those who it went out to have 28 days after receiving it to read the report and/or make comments and then they need time prior to making it public in case anything needs to be re-addressed. That's may be why there is some lag time from the date they sent it out to the date it is published and open for all of us to read.

No, that announcement really was made some time ago, as I said. I think that this is the thread that announced it here.

That is indeed the thread. That's why I had asked our friend why if it was only a 28 day consultation time period was it going to take until mid November for the report to be published.

Archived