Hotel in Miami the night before

Jarronwood

Can anyone give me their experiences of this please.

We have booked via our TA with X for a 14 day cruise out of Miami for next February and included in the package is the night before in a hotel. Now, somewhere in the blurb is that X have the right to swap and change your hotel.

When we booked we got the Intercontinental Chopin Avenue which is near Bayside (which is great for us since we can have a nice wander in the evening and maybe the next morning before boarding the ship).

I now notice on my reservation online that they have changed us to the Sheraton Mart which is near the Airport.

I have contacted my TA to ask them to ask X to put us back near the beach.

Has anyone had any dealings with this sort of thing and also were they able to request the hotel (bearing in mind its part of the "package").

Wait to hear from you on your experiences.

I have a feeling that my TA is going to come back to me saying that its within X's right to change you but we have stayed near the airport before the night before and there is absolutely nothing there or maybe where the Sheraton Mart is there is?????

I am not going to let it bother my holiday but it just would have been nice to be near the beach or at least near some nightlife.

For what its worth Bayside is also not near the beach. It is a large mall on the intercoastal waterway with several restaurants and night clubs etc and has a view over to the cruise port. There is absolutely nothing going on by the airport and I do not recommend staying anywhere near there!! I would push for the Intercontinental. Before you cancel any hotel make sure you have reservations somewhere if you are in Miami near Superbowl time (February 4th).

Just had this reply :

The hotel in Miami is not confirmed until the tickets are issued, so it can change at any stage before then. They can not guarantee any hotel for the included 1 night pre-cruise because they put all their clients in the same hotel depending on availability, nor can they take requests as it is a part of the cruise package not an optional extra.

It will be interesting to see from this forum how many of those booked for the 17th Feb Summit, Panama Canal, whether they are booked into this particular hotel as part of their cruise package.

Josie, I know everyone is different, but we stayed at the Hilton Miami Airport hotel the night before our cruise and I honestly thought it was fine. We were pretty tired from the journey anyway and weren't ready to hit town. We just ate a snack in the hotel and went off to bed. We did an explore of the area around the ship on the day we boarded ship. Just dropped our carry-ons in the room and headed to the shops. We had a day room at the Hilton when we returned and as it had a nice pool for relaxing, it was just the job and not too far to catch the flight back.

If I were staying two or three nights pre-cruise it would make a difference where I stayed, otherwise if it is a nice hotel with a few amenities, I'm happy.

Phil

February 16? You're toast. There's a boat show going on that week, or so we were told.

We're taking the Feb 19th sailing of Century and I booked our hotel room six months ago and there was already limited availability and insane prices. Beach rooms were over $400.

We're staying at the Fairfield Inn, which is not close but provides airport and pier shuttles complimentary. We're paying $155.

If you haven't booked your flight yet, you may want to consider flying in to Ft. Lauderdale and staying there- at the Embassy Suites or the Hyatt. Then take a limo to Miami. We did this. Even if it costs $ 150 for the roundtrip- what you will save in airfare and hotel rooms might be worth it.

Just a suggestion- since I hate Miami.:mad:

Everything has been booked all through X and paid for so cant change anything.

No worries though, its only one night - I am hoping that we can check in on the cruise early or at least dump our luggage and have a wander round Miami.

For those who have booked day rooms like the UK resident who did so at the Hilton, did you have to stay there prior to your cruise to book a day room on the day of your return flight or can anyone do so?

If so, what is an average cost and what other airport hotels will allow this?

Thanks in advance for the info!

Archived