Any Recent cruisers to Mexican Riviera?

oceanview585

My friend and I just got back from Dawn Sept. 26. What questions do you have? I will try and answer.

Yeah - I was thinking the same thing. My wife and I just returned from the Dawn's first Mexico trip two weeks ago (boarded in Vancouver Sept. 24th and then did the B2B 11-day to Mexico).

It was a great cruise with the most Canadians I've ever seen on a ship (which is a good thing). I'll check back to see if there are any specific questions about the trip or itinerary.

Bill

I have A question Please.... Do you know what ports offer zipline And an ATV Adventure and What Islands and tour operators are the best... We are going to Puerto Vallarta and will be there from 8AM - 6Pm And Mazatlan from 7AM - 5PM Cabo San Lucas From 7 Am - 2PM in Nov. 2007 on the Golden princess.....

Thanks for any info on these or other Excursions that are a must do.....

If you were on the 11-night Mexican Riviera voyage, what nights are formal? When was the Captain's Circle cocktail party?

How would you rate the overall cleanliness and upkeep of the ship? How was the bedding?

How would you rate the food quality overall? Are there new items or are the offerings pretty much similar to other Princess voyages?

What production shows are performed on the Dawn? Are they doing the "Motown" show?

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Didn't see a Motown show, loved the Piano Man, don't miss it. Other production shows we had already seen. I thought the food was very good. New offerings might be Red Deer, and Pheasant. The beds were comfortable, although narrow. I always request a foam eggcrate. Chairs on balcony were new for our cruise. Delivered that day. Rooms were very clean, overall crew was extremely friendly. Captain's Circle party was held prior to last formal night. I believe 1400 out of all passengers were repeaters. Had to hold two parties.

First formal was second night of cruise.

Hope this helps. It was a wonderful cruise and you should love it.

Didn't see a Motown show, loved the Piano Man, don't miss it. Other production shows we had already seen. I thought the food was very good. New offerings might be Red Deer, and Pheasant. The beds were comfortable, although narrow. I always request a foam eggcrate. Chairs on balcony were new for our cruise. Delivered that day. Rooms were very clean, overall crew was extremely friendly. Captain's Circle party was held prior to last formal night. I believe 1400 out of all passengers were repeaters. Had to hold two parties.

First formal was second night of cruise.

Hope this helps. It was a wonderful cruise and you should love it.

Estebofarr,

Thank you so much for your prompt and thorough response. We saw "Piano Man" on the CB this past January; good show. Maybe the "Motown" show is only in the Caribbean.

We are really looking forward to sailing on the Dawn in 101 days!

Chris

I did try the Deer at dinner. It was well prepared. There were many items at the lunch and dinner buffet (horizon court) that we had not seen before. I ran into one of the crew members who was in Menu Planning. He said Princess is trying out new menu items for the Mex Riviera cruise. Hope they change menus for all the cruises! /Sultan

oceanview585-

I was on the Diamond Princess 9-30-06. Mexican Rivera. Read review under member review.

I think you said you were going on the Dawn see if someone posted a review. maybe you already did that.

Or check the ports of call under this site for information.

Archived