Voyager, 12-11-06: Anyone sailing?

caviargal

The Chicago4 real names are Susan & Rich and Terri & Howard (ME). We took the Voyager Chocolate Cruise last year. We really enjoyed this ship. I believe that there are more veranda suites on this ship. As I said before we were on the Oceania Navigator in the early summer from Athens to Rome. That ship cannot compare to the Voyager. Rooms are 50% smaller. The staff was not friendly. The entertainment was like going to a High School Variety show. They nickeled and dimed you all over. On the positive side... The ports were great and we met wonderful people.

I can't believe that we have to wait 6 weeks for this cruise. Being from Chicago we look forward to travelling once the winter starts. Unfortunately we are still among the working people and need to return to earn more money to book another cruise.

Chicago4, welcome aboard! And she will be better than ever, emerging from a drydock:).

Can't wait!

Is that so? Just out of dry dock? Wow, that is something to look forward to. I just wonder how it can be improved.

I hope you enjoyed your hen weekend in NYC and the first three weeks of November don't drag too much.

May I add my best wishes to the Chicago4 also. Don't know much about Chicago except that my son & family reckoned to have had a superb holiday there last year and that not everyone is a gangster named Al! :)

Is that so? Just out of dry dock? Wow, that is something to look forward to. I just wonder how it can be improved.

I hope you enjoyed your hen weekend in NYC and the first three weeks of November don't drag too much.

May I add my best wishes to the Chicago4 also. Don't know much about Chicago except that my son & family reckoned to have had a superb holiday there last year and that not everyone is a gangster named Al! :)

Yes, she will be out of a November 2 week drydock where she will get the upgraded bedding, flat screen TVs, new carpets and some new furnishings as well.

I had a fabulous weekend in Manhattan, thanks for remembering:). As far as the next three weeks dragging, it is actually flying by.

Looking forward to seeing everyone aboard.

BTW, does anyone have recommendations for Belize? I was there once but was with my mom, and she could not take the heat so we went quickly back to the ship.

Yes, she will be out of a November 2 week drydock where she will get the upgraded bedding, flat screen TVs, new carpets and some new furnishings as well.

BTW, does anyone have recommendations for Belize? I was there once but was with my mom, and she could not take the heat so we went quickly back to the ship.

Thanks for the interesting information. Sounds good.

I, too, am starting to think about excursions but for some reason I cannot access "My Cruises" on the RSSC web site. It won't progress beyond the check in page. I have even re-registered with different address and password but after signing in I get no further than being asked to sign in again.

what time of year were you in Belize? I hope the heat isn't unbearable in December. My parents are doing the Airboat tour, I think we are going to try to get to the zoo.

We were there in May and it was in the high 90s with very high humidity. We both live in FL but it was too much for my mom, and the heat was oppressive.

I think we may do the ATV tour as I heard good things about it.

Not too long now everyone:)

• 2 weeks later...

Four weeks on from tomorrow we will be on our way from London to Miami ready for boarding Voyager on 11th December. Our tickets etc. arrived this morning and we are staying overnight on 10th at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, Fl. Experience tells me that we will be tired with the journey and time change and a Motel 6 would probably suit us just as well.

Hope your plans for late November all meet your expectations, caviargal.

Best wishes.

Four weeks on from tomorrow we will be on our way from London to Miami ready for boarding Voyager on 11th December. Our tickets etc. arrived this morning and we are staying overnight on 10th at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, Fl. Experience tells me that we will be tired with the journey and time change and a Motel 6 would probably suit us just as well.

Hope your plans for late November all meet your expectations, caviargal.

Best wishes.

Thank you, OrpingtonT:).

I look forward to seeing you aboard.

Ok---I've been away from the boards for a little while. So, I am late welcoming Chicago4 to the crew...but we are neighbors. We are from southeastern Wisconsin.

We have our docs and are ready to experience Regent! I want to do the airboat, but DH is a little reluctant. We are still trying to decide on something for Key West. I am thinking of just doing it on our own. We signed up for the Tequila tasting in Cozumel! (I hope they have a way to get us back to the ship!) We usually do wine tastings and thought this would be a unique experience. ;)

We look forward to meeting you all. Not long now...

I looked at the airboat option as well but think we may do cavetubing with a private guide.

I am normally one to avoid planned excursions but my last port stop in Belize taught me that this is indeed one place where planning is a good idea.

I can't get Tequila down at all so the tasting did not appeal but I agree that it sounds like great fun:).

We look for tours which do not involve much walking or physical activity, so will probably go for the catamaran in Key West, Maybe the Atlantis in Cozumel and the airboat in Belize. We may also go Tequila tasting, but we shall see.

At the moment Voyager will be on it's way from Madeira to Fort Lauderdale!

Just FYI, they opened the sailing this morning for Latitudes and Signatures bookings. We are set for both.

It was really nice IMO that they show the "theme" for each evening, ,making it easy to plan around the Seven Seas Society parties and Captain's events.

See you all in 28 days:)

Haven't booked our excursions yet, but have now booked Signatures and Latitudes, in spite of my wife being vegetarian! Yes, caviargal, I hadn't noticed before the inclusion of information on other social events. That is quite useful. We have also been notified that Regent have booked us in at the Westin Diplomat resort in Hollywood, Fl. on the pre cruise night.

Looking forward to cruising with you all, caviargal, popper, LindaandJeff & the (menacing sounding) Chicago4. Anyone else?

We Chicago4 are not menacing. We are Susan+Rich and Terri+Howard. I booked our dinners for the Latitudes and Signature Rooms. There were plenty of times for the Signature but the times for the Latitudes were very limited. I tried very first thing yesterday morning. Anyone else have any problems with this?

We are not big on ship excursions. We learned previous cruises that often times you can do better on your own or small group. That said 2 of us have booked the ATV trip in Cozumel. Should be a lot of fun. Guess which 2 are going?

We Chicago4 are not menacing. We are Susan+Rich and Terri+Howard. I booked our dinners for the Latitudes and Signature Rooms. There were plenty of times for the Signature but the times for the Latitudes were very limited. I tried very first thing yesterday morning. Anyone else have any problems with this?

We are not big on ship excursions. We learned previous cruises that often times you can do better on your own or small group. That said 2 of us have booked the ATV trip in Cozumel. Should be a lot of fun. Guess which 2 are going?

Chicago4, I have friends that did the AV tour in Cozumel last year and said it was the best excursion they have ever taken. We are thinking about it but we both have an aversion to planned excursions unless the ports themselves require it. I know I will be on the hunt for octopus ceviche:D.

I booked Signatures and Latitudes at 6am the first day they were available and was able my first choice for each, the 16th and 14th respectively. I imagine you can book what shows open and then try and change things when on board. The sailing does not appear to be very full.

Sounds like we have a growing group here and we are looking forward to meeting everyone on board!:)

No. I am sure you are not menacing :)

I think Latitudes has a fixed meal time of 7.15 to 7.30.

My guess is Rich and Howard (says he, scuttling for cover!):p

Hi Chicago - We also sailed Voyager's Chocolate Cruise last December and are looking forward to her 2006 December sailing -- "Chocolate" in 2005; "Tequila Tasting" in 2006! :)

We are looking forward to meeting everyone onboard!

Mia (and Mark)

Archived