Voyager, 12-11-06: Anyone sailing?

caviargal

Welcome aboard cburger 100. Now the numbers are mounting up.

By my reckoming we have:-

Popper plus 1 (?) celebrating a 40th birthday.

Caviargal plus new hubby, on honeymoon.

Linda and Jeff. Just celebrating.

The gangsters from Chicago, The Chicago Four, Susan, Rich, Terri and Howard.

and ourselves, the only UK cruisers?, OrpingtonT, celebrating a forthcoming 80th birthday (but not telling Regent, 'cos we don't want a cake!)

Not forgetting all those Navigators in port at Fort Lauderdale to whom we shall wave two fingers as we sail away (or do the Americans wave ONE finger?)

Not long to go now.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Remember the more you eat today, the less chance that swimsuit is going to fit on the 11th!

Personally, I never did start my diet before this cruise...so, there is no chance of it fitting anyway! :D

Caviargal, I forgot you are going to be on your honeymoon... but I just realized that 874 and 875 are on opposite sides of the ship anyway;)

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Remember the more you eat today, the less chance that swimsuit is going to fit on the 11th!

Personally, I never did start my diet before this cruise...so, there is no chance of it fitting anyway! :D

Caviargal, I forgot you are going to be on your honeymoon... but I just realized that 874 and 875 are on opposite sides of the ship anyway;)

Popper is actually "Popper + 3.5".

We are in 2 Horizon cabins on deck 10. My husband, I, daughter and my parents who fly in to Miami the day before, same as you I think.

You are not the lone Brit. My parents are coming from Poole and I am originally from Bournemouth.

Happy upcoming Birthday!

We are booked on this cruise.

I just received my documents.

Can't wait.

I have prebooked Signature and Latitude.

Latitude was very limited on times.

Does anyopne know if they have openings once we are onboard.

Tracey

We are booked on this cruise.

I just received my documents.

Can't wait.

I have prebooked Signature and Latitude.

Latitude was very limited on times.

Does anyopne know if they have openings once we are onboard.

Tracey

I understand that Latitudes is a fixed seating time, unlike Signatures. I assume therefore we should be sitted, knives and forks sharpened and at the ready (or maybe chopsticks?) at 1930 hours.

So now the list is growing.

Myself + 1

Popper + 3.5

TraceyB + 1

cburger100 + 1

MiaPortia + 1

Linda + 1

Chicago4 +3........and

caviargal + 1

That is 20.5 people. Shall we challenge the crew to a soccer or cricket match? If only young pensioner, who hasn't been on here recently, would come, it would surely be a winning team!

Thanks for thinking about us OrpingtonT. Oh how we would love to be there. Unfortunately, not possible on this occasion. Maybe next time. However, Popper has our favourite suite!!! So, we will have to make it next time. Perhaps we should all lobby Regent for a special block booking price for us CruiseCritic Members. Don't write us off for the future... we'll be back. Would just love to meet everyone.

Get ready for some more people!!! My sister,(Older Sister on here), and I were on the now cancelled 12-4 sailing. We hope there is room for us, and goodness knows how many others due to the cancellation. Lets just hope RSSC doesnt make it a 0-3 for us all...:)

The December 4 cruise was cancelled due to repairs to the "pods". The itinerary for that cruise was the Eastern Caribbean -- Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Grand Turk, St. Thomas. I had already wrapped my mind around the fact that I would be seeing those islands, so I'm trying now to adjust to the Western Caribbean itinerary for the December 11 cruise. Hopefully, we can still get some good excursions at this late date.

The December 4 cruise was cancelled due to repairs to the "pods". The itinerary for that cruise was the Eastern Caribbean -- Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Grand Turk, St. Thomas. I had already wrapped my mind around the fact that I would be seeing those islands, so I'm trying now to adjust to the Western Caribbean itinerary for the December 11 cruise. Hopefully, we can still get some good excursions at this late date.

As far as excursions, IMO only in Belize are they a must. Cozumel is very touristy and it is easy to find something to fit your tastes.

We were there last week, spent the day at the beach and had a grand time. This time we are planning to rent a jeep and explore more remote beaches.

Key West is also an easy place to decide what to do when you get there, or just opt to stroll around the streets.

I have not been to Costa Maya yet but we will hit the beach there as well.

Looks like 12-11 is still a go but am keeping my fingers crossed just the same!:)

Wednesday it was 60...today everything is closed because we are in a blizzard and state of emergency.:eek:...VOYAGER...take me away!

We actually fly down to Fort Lauderdale this Wednesday to visit my folks before our cruise. It will be great to get out of the snow! :D

I am certainly glad to hear that at the moment all systems are go. And I appreciate your comments, caviargal, about excursions. As we are a bit ancient, we are not into activitiy breaks but do like to see a bit of the area we are visiting and don't mind enjoying the food and facilities of Voyager also. So the next week cannot come quickly enough.

Linda and Jeff, it is 75 here today (northern FL) and we are in for a "cold" spell, which is still decidedly warmer than what you are living in at the moment. Bet that balcony is sounding pretty good to you right about now.

To all those sailing on 12-11, the forecast for sailaway is 74 degrees, similar temps for Key West. Cozumel should be low 80s.

It sounds perfect to me! All we need now are working pods.:p

OrpingtonT, age is just a number.:) I have a feeling you live life quite fully and look forward to making your acquaintance.

There is a trolley in Key West that is easily accessible from the ship and that makes stops around town. It is an easy and flexible way to get around and requires no specific commitment of time.

In Cozumel, you might want to consider a car and driver for a few hours. The roads are not too wonderful and there is basically one that goes around the island and then those that wind through the interior.

Much of Wilma's effect can still be seen. There were chunks of buildings in the water and scattered over the beach and the coastline is much more jagged than it used to be. They have done a very good job of recovery but the signs are quite visible.

I am leaving for NYC next Thurdays for my annual holiday trip with my mom and then heading straight to FLL from there.

Can't wait!

There are a group of you sailors meeting at the BIMINI BOATYARD on Dec.10th. at 5 -5,30 for drinks and dinner later.

Caviargal seems to be in charge. I would sure like to meet T.Orpington. We hava a lot in common. I am a U.K. WW-2 vet. imiglaw71@aol.com

I am afraid a get-together on 10th would be quite impractical for us. We land at Miami around 3 pm. By the time we get through the landing procedures and the fearsome US immigation formalities, it will be 4.30 to 5.00. Then we are being driven to the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood (Regent's choice) for the night. After a 10 hour flight, with our bodyclocks telling us that it is 5 hours or so later than Florida time, I suspect from experience, that we will flake out.

Now, also from experience, about 3 o'clock next morning we will be wide awake and prowlng round!

Enjoy your get-together though and I guess it should be easy to spot the bleary-eyed, hung-over group next day on embarkation.:)

OrpingtonT...I see we are going to be "roomies" on 12-10. My sis and I will be flying in the day before as well, and will meet some Florida buddies for cocktails at the Westin. Depending on your body clocks, maybe we can all catch a ride to the port together.

OrpingtonT...I see we are going to be "roomies" on 12-10. My sis and I will be flying in the day before as well, and will meet some Florida buddies for cocktails at the Westin. Depending on your body clocks, maybe we can all catch a ride to the port together.

Hello, both Sisters.

I didn't know you were UK based. We, my wife and myself, will look out for you and if you are on Regent's travel package we will all be transferred by them to Voyager on Sunday.

Look forward to meeting you.

Archived