Rough seas in the Med in May

emilee

Many years ago we did. But we have heard of rough seas from Barcelona to Villefranche area by MANY people in all months! We were unable to dock in Livorno twice...once in May, once in June. Our last trip in early June was like glass. You just never know. Don't let it worry you though! I always take my candied ginger to sooth tummies just incase.

Yes. I was in the Meditteranean in May of 2005 Lisbon- Barcelona ( May 8-15th) and the Med. was smooth as glass. I did the Transatlantic voyage the ended in Barcelona on the Millenium and could not believe the smoothness. In the Mediterranean it is like a lake- fear not. Have a wonderful time.

Yes. We did a Connie med in May 02 and had VERY rough seas for an entire day. (loved it though) We had to skip Malta and diverted to Mallorca. (Loved that too!) This past May we did a 12 night med on Millie and had great weather everywhere but Naples. Poured rain about half the day but seas weren't bad.

Yes. We did a Connie med in May 02 and had VERY rough seas for an entire day. (loved it though) We had to skip Malta and diverted to Mallorca. (Loved that too!) This past May we did a 12 night med on Millie and had great weather everywhere but Naples. Poured rain about half the day but seas weren't bad.

That name sounds familiar ;)

Great trip wasn't it.

I would say May is a great month for the Med so dony worry emilee

Ian:D

Truly, the Med. is unpredictible, but then so is the Carribean!!!!!!! It's just "cruisin" in general! I too love to "feel" my cruise! It's part of why I'm hooked! Funny because I used to get REALLY car sick, yet NEVER been sea sick...a bit hungover, but not sick!:rolleyes: Good wishes for smooth sailing on your cruise!

Archived