LIVE from Serenade 10/16 - 10/21

RDeagazio

Ok Bob - you really had me concerned for you all. I should have known better. When you get home from this cruise you're going to have to hibernate for a few days, at minimum, to get some rest!!!!

You've got us all wondering about the fun everyone's having. Will have to get all the details from Jean next month....you just make sure she's able to make it. (She's talking about stowing away until her Jewel cruise next month ~ so keep an eye on her. :eek: )

I'm sure you're all hating to see the week coming to an end, so have a blast tonight.

BTW, I'll be getting your info. from Jean on the Vision get together. Sounds like it might be a good time!

Also, would you please check (if you don't already know) if they have the champagne card for use in the champagne bar. There is an active thread going on about which ships have this. Inquiring minds want to know......

Uh Oh Treven! :) Bob's group is trying to hijack your ship! :D :D And after we took such good care of her in Hawaii! Have a wonderful cruise next week. Say hi to Matt Yee for us, from the FOD group. :D

No; that I can't (or rather WON'T) do. I don't find his brand of "entertainment" particularily entertaining. Just like I don't care for Margaret Cho's vulgarity. So I won't be taking in any of his shows during the week.

I just read my signature and noticed; there's no more "days" left!!; only hours!!!!!!!!!! It's a little after 8 p.m. here; guess I should get around to packing. Nah!, there's still plenty of time left in the evening.

I think that I get more excited with each upcoming cruise.

We're back at MIL's in Coronado, and I think they're still trying to get passengers off the ship. Disembarkation was the worst I've ever seen. First, the information in the Compass was incorrect regarding who had to report to immigration at 6:00am. So at 6:45 they started paging a dozen or so no-shows, which held everything up for an hour. Then it took an hour to get the express disembarkation groups (1-3). We had the priority white tags immediately after (it's good to be queen), and the Loyalty Ambassador led us through the crowd congregating at the gangway (no, they don't listen) to get off. Oddly, all we did was hand over our customs forms PRIOR to claiming luggage, and left - nobody checked our passports. This is apparently a new system, and we weren't sure whether it was RCI or Immigration that set it up. But it doesn't work.

As for all those secret things that happened onboard, well, let's just say (bleep). I will say, however, that Bob is my hero. I have coveted the Hawaiian-style bar waitstaff shirts for some time, and they are pretty near impossible to come by, as they are uniforms, and tightly controlled by RCI. Well, my nephew came through for me, and I am now the proud owner of one! He got it by (censored) and then had to (_______).:D

I have a running commentary that I'll post as soon as I finish it. Let's just say that we had a fabulous time, and are impatiently counting the days until we sail on the Jewel!

Especially cabin pictures! (1602 to be precise) :D

Sounds like you all had a very good time and it also sounds like you all have some good blackmail material to use against each other. :eek: That always comes in handy! ;)

Welcome back! And thanks to all of you for sharing your cruise with those of us left behind (or sharing most of it! I would have loved to hear about the "Bleep" and the "Bleep" and of course the "classified" and most of all the "censored"!)

Hey Bob,

Don't pick the Feb. 11th sailing of the Vision for your CC cruise. There will be a large Christian group on board, and the sailing will feature Christian music and comedians. Somehow, I don't think it would be as enjoyable as others! I am just glad I wasn't on the 'Bear' cruise!

Sorry for not posting yesterday, but upon arriving home I made a beeline to my bed and slept more yesterday/last night than I did the entire week of the cruise. My bags are still in the car!!

Today is the dreaded unpacking and laundry before going to work tomorrow.

I will second Jean's comments about the disembarkation. What a mess!! There were 2 ships in yesterday and since the Serenade isn't a regular, we got the secondary pier with the tent set-up, rather than the terminal, not that matters much since the San Diego port facility is the most inefficient I've ever experienced. Immigration was onboard for the non US citizens and of course there were the usual 2 families that didn't report on time so the rest of had to listen for them being paged every 15 mins. They didn't start calling the first self assist debark group until almost 9am!! I had White tags and wasn't off the ship until 1030am, but the line wasn't bad. Custom's was a joke... they were at the bottom of the gangway and just collected the declarations, then it was a matter of collecting my luggage and walking to my car.

This was such a great trip in every respect. The group could not have been easier on me as everyone was experienced cruisers and thus did their own things. Everyone got along and a fantastic time. I'll have a few pics to post, but not many since most are classified.

DirtGirl-- Thanks for the heads up on the Feb 11th Vision... I don't think a Christian group would enjoy having us sail with them--LOL

I'll have a more detailed review when I have time to organize my thoughts. There were a few things that weren't the norm for a RCI cruise, but this was due to this being a special cruise.

I hope everyone had a safe drive home... I'll be sending more info out within the next few weeks regarding the next group cruise.. right now I'm late for a date with my coffee pot.

You are welcome, Bonnie! I predict that you will love the cabin! A more complete description is in my freshly-posted review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=8124104#post8124104

Bob, 10:30? Yikes! We were lucky to have gotten to the door of the lounge just as the Loyalty Ambassador started the parade to the gangway, so we were in the front of the line.

You are welcome, Bonnie! I predict that you will love the cabin! A more complete description is in my freshly-posted review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=8124104#post8124104

Bob, 10:30? Yikes! We were lucky to have gotten to the door of the lounge just as the Loyalty Ambassador started the parade to the gangway, so we were in the front of the line.

Oops..sorry that was a typo.. I was off at 930a and home at 1030a. As convenient as it is for me to cruise from SAN, I think I'd rather drive to LA in the future. San Diego is a mess for embarkation and debarkation and the facilities leave a lot to be desired.

Hi there, great to read about the Serenade again. I was on the Vancouver to Hawaii leg. Stig Nielsen was our Staff Captain, so I guess he's now taken over from Captain George as full Captain. We had a great time...dined with the Captain, the Consierge Club was awesome (say Hi to Juan Diego if you see him from the Victoria BC couple) and even got in the finals of Kareoke! And....I was the only one who 'dared to lose the pants' in the Quest game!!!! I'm sure there are pictures out there...I'd love to see some! Hahaha....

Enjoy the rest of the cruise....wish we were with you!

Cheers, M&J.

Can someone tell me what "Breakers" is on Deck 4? That is what is says on the Radiance of the Seas. And does Serenade have the same thing. It's next to the Dining area. Anyone????

Linda, this is a private dining room area off the main dining room. It's used for groups and as overflow for the main dining room on sold out sailings. It also doubles as the Priority Debarkation Lounge for Diamond and Suite guests.

Most of the RCI ships have a similiar area

Bob....Who was the CD? Did you get the scoop on how long they will be there? Who will replace them for how long, etc? CD? Captain? Concierge? LA?

Thanks.

I'm not Bob, but I play him on TV, LOL!

The CD was Matt Sole, but he left the ship with us. Gordon Whitman is on there now with the Atlantis charter, and I read on the "Where is your favorite CD" thread that Ashley ____ will replace Gordon after the charter cruise. Matt is rumored to be returning in January.

Stig Neilsen (sp) came aboard with us as Captain.

Colleen (__) from BC was the LA - unimpressive and hostile at times.

Juan Diego was the Concierge but is leaving after the Panama Canal transit and I don't know who will replace him.

I'm not Bob, but I play him on TV, LOL!

The CD was Matt Sole, but he left the ship with us. Gordon Whitman is on there now with the Atlantis charter, and I read on the "Where is your favorite CD" thread that Ashley ____ will replace Gordon after the charter cruise. Matt is rumored to be returning in January.

Stig Neilsen (sp) came aboard with us as Captain.

Colleen (__) from BC was the LA - unimpressive and hostile at times.

Juan Diego was the Concierge but is leaving after the Panama Canal transit and I don't know who will replace him.

Jean...Thanks. I appreciate the info from anyone willing to share. I just asked Bob since he was the ring leader here. Thanks.

Hi there, great to read about the Serenade again. I was on the Vancouver to Hawaii leg. Stig Nielsen was our Staff Captain, so I guess he's now taken over from Captain George as full Captain. We had a great time...dined with the Captain, the Consierge Club was awesome (say Hi to Juan Diego if you see him from the Victoria BC couple) and even got in the finals of Kareoke! And....I was the only one who 'dared to lose the pants' in the Quest game!!!! I'm sure there are pictures out there...I'd love to see some! Hahaha....

Enjoy the rest of the cruise....wish we were with you!

Cheers, M&J.

When do you mean? This years Vancouver to Hawaii? Stig Nilsen the Staff Captain?? He and Captain Nik Antalis brought out the Serenade when she was first launched. That doesn't make sense. With which Captain did you dine -Captain George or Captain Stig?

Just curious.

SeaBreezy

Archived