Windstar Barcelona to Lisbon Nov. 07????

yogagal47

There are several options for this route-slightly different itineraries. For those of you that have traveled these approximate itineraries during early november: 1. Any thoughts about the weather 2. Anythoughts about the Windsurf 11/04 itinerary vs the Windspirit Intinerary for 11/03? There is also an Oct. 20th Windstar cruise from Barcelona to Lisbon that has different ports than the first two. We have sailed 3 times previously with the Windstar Cruise line-twice on the surf. Thanks!

I can't comment all your questions since we did this cruise in September and my only experience in Spain was this trip. The 11/3 vs. 11/4 trips are pretty similar. I personally did not like Ibiza during the day as there isn't much to do. The old town is nice, but not that unusual. The beaches we saw weren't anything special either, but November is probably not beach weather anyhow. So a whole day here would not interest me. Being there at night gives you a better feel for the place. Both have a whole day in Palma and Tangiers which I think is great. Our trip "cruised" the scenic Algarve and I don't even recall seeing land that day, but that might not be the norm. If I didn't care about which ship I was on, I'd probably do the WindSpirit to have an additional port. But that brings up another thing to think about and that is which ship would you prefer to be on. We have only done the WindSurf at this point, so I can't compare the experiences. The WindSurf might be a little less rocky and it is an area that can get some big waves. Of course, I don't know that for sure, so hopefully others can help you there.

Have fun whatever you choose!

Well-after mulling over the options we have finally decided to try SeaDream cruising from Rio to Buenos Aires on a 9 day cruise. This will be our first with them and since it will be over our 30th anniversary, we feel like this we be a special way to celebrate.

Personally, I think that is a great decision. While I really enjoyed a couple of the places (Lisbon, Tangier, Palma, and Barcelona), this itinerary was not my favorite. Also I can't imagine that November would be the best time for this itinerary. Of course, that's largely because I'm a sun lover and a day at sea for me always involves relaxing by the pool reading a book.

Enjoy your trip.

Our travel agent feels that we will love SeaDream: small ship, no formals and great service. This Rio to Buenos Aires itinerary has lots of wonderful beachy ports and we are anticipating nice weather at that time. I am sure that someday we will be able to visit Barcelona and Lisbon but perhaps not on a cruise.

Archived