uncovered balconies

tothemax

on our first cruise and LOVED it!! Never had anyone staring, throwing up or littering on us or our balcony. We loved having a mini-suite (could never do anything smaller) and gazing up at the stars at night........priceless!!

We'll be on the Dolphin deck again in January on the CB and can't wait!!

Thank you for your post. We are booked in a Dolphin deck minisuit on the Grand in March. All these posts on the "uncovered balconies" is making me sort of paranoid. One question, is it completely uncovered or half and half.

It's completely uncovered. We had a Dolphin minisuite on the Diamond and it didn't bother us at all--it was actually fun looking up at the other balconies. :D Caribe balconies were 1/2 covered, above that fully covered. If you want a fully covered minisuite there are a few aft on Emerald deck.

Les

I booked Baha deck cabin B335 because i really wanted mid ship w/ deck above and below me with just cabins on those decks rather than public rooms. We have a balcony cabin, does anyone have an opinion on my selection. Only 2nd tim we have had a balcony and the 1st was on the carnival pride and it was covered, now i am leary if this is uncovered, not for the privacy factor but things being tossed on us :eek: tia for any replies

I enjoyed the uncovered balcony. You can bask in the sun without dealing with the crowds at the pool. As mentioned by another poster, you have the glorious stars at night. I never felt that we were being watched "from above".

I enjoyed the uncovered balcony. You can bask in the sun without dealing with the crowds at the pool. As mentioned by another poster, you have the glorious stars at night. I never felt that we were being watched "from above".

I'm glad to hear this. I booked a minisuite because there are four of us sharing one room and I wanted the additional space. The fact that it came with a balcony was a bonus, I thought. After reading some of these posts, I was beginning to wonder if we were going to go out there. As usual, there are good and bad experiences and I suspect the good outnumber the bad. Thanks! :)

We also had a uncovered balcony on our Coral full transit through the canal and did not have any issues at all. I suppose we were very lucky that nothing fell on our Dolphin deck and while viewing the canal from there we just looked up at poeple at the cabins above us, we waved at each other and that was that. I do not know if I would have an uncovered balcony again but we had absolutely no problems at all.

Marilyn

:) We like balconies rooms on most trips because we like to have coffee on the balcony in the morning. We have a Dolphin MS booked for the Cape North cruise in July 07. We've never had a "covered balcony" and some trips we feel it's just not worth paying for a balcony because the weather is really not suitable.

I'm glad to hear this. I booked a minisuite because there are four of us sharing one room and I wanted the additional space. The fact that it came with a balcony was a bonus, I thought. After reading some of these posts, I was beginning to wonder if we were going to go out there. As usual, there are good and bad experiences and I suspect the good outnumber the bad. Thanks! :)

Sorry, I am a little slow. Someone posted that aft balcony cabins on Caribbean Princess Caribe deck are half covered? Is that true?

I thought someone else said all aft balconies are covered?

thanks for any input

When we were recently offered an upgrade to a mini suite and found out it was an uncoverd balcony, we declined the offer and stuck with our regular balcony cabin which was covered and more private. It was definitely the right decision.

Sorry, I am a little slow. Someone posted that aft balcony cabins on Caribbean Princess Caribe deck are half covered? Is that true?

I thought someone else said all aft balconies are covered?

thanks for any input

All aft facing balconies are covered. The aft balconies on the sides on the Caribe Deck are half covered...

Archived