Traditional Dining Question

Nobbi

I tried to do a search but it just isn't working for me so...............

I'll be doing a princess cruise very soon and have chosen the traditional dining since I like to take my time, etc. I do know that all the traditional dining menu selections are available at the PC Dining places.

But can I order the specialty entrees from those restaurants in the traditional dining setting? I love Asian cuisine and don't want to miss it. (I'm not asking about the premium pay extra menu items from Sterling and Sabatinis).

Thanks!

I am almost positive that the menus in the traditional and anytime dining rooms are identical. If it's Italian theme night in one dining room, it's the same in the other room. Same goes for formal nights.

Nobbi, yes you can ask for the one "theme" item from the four Anytime rooms. Usually they will bring it right out, as its all pretty much one big kitchen. You can peruse the menus at those dining rooms to see if you want to order that item or not.

To others, note that this set-up is specific to just the Sapphire and Diamond with the four smaller, themed Anytime dining rooms. While the daily menus are the same, each of those rooms does still have one theme dish in each of the four anytime rooms.

Nobbi, yes you can ask for the one "theme" item from the four Anytime rooms. Usually they will bring it right out, as its all pretty much one big kitchen. You can peruse the menus at those dining rooms to see if you want to order that item or not.

To others, note that this set-up is specific to just the Sapphire and Diamond with the four smaller, themed Anytime dining rooms. While the daily menus are the same, each of those rooms does still have one theme dish in each of the four anytime rooms.

Thank you, cherylandtk, and, of course, everyone else! :)

I figured that they would accomodate the guests but wasn't sure re the actual menus. So I will check out the menus at the other restaurants and then order accordingly.

BTW, this is really my first "real question" I have posted. And I got answers in no time. I really love these places. Have participated in a Frequent Flyer Board for many years and am glad to be a newbie here. :p

Also, you can request a special entree or dessert even though it's not on the menu. Just chat with the Maitre D at least a day or so before you want it. This works great if you want eggs Benedict in the dining room in the morning. :)

I was on the Sapphire (sister ship to the Diamond) back in Aug. 2004 and every night the waiter will offer us the menu to one of the specialty restaurants (Asian or Southwest or Cajon) in additinal to the regular menu, but I had heard that since then the themes were done away with and all the restaurants (other than Sterlings and Sabatinis) offered the exact same menu.

I was on the Sapphire (sister ship to the Diamond) back in Aug. 2004 and every night the waiter will offer us the menu to one of the specialty restaurants (Asian or Southwest or Cajon) in additinal to the regular menu' date=' but I had heard that since then the themes were done away with and all the restaurants (other than Sterlings and Sabatinis) offered the exact same menu.[/quote']

Thanks!

Can others who have recently done the Diamond or Sapphire confirm that the "themes" has disappeared?

I was on the Diamond earlier this year. The anytime dining rooms had the same menu as traditional and the aforementioned "sepciality" dish associated with those themes did NOT appear on the menu. Nor were they offered in Traditional. I would assume they don't do this anymore.

The specialty/theme menu item for each restaurant does not appear on the daily menu, but as recently as October 7, 2006 it was being offered on the Diamond, at least according to the post below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=7996311&postcount=9

Pacific Moon: Stir Fry

Santa Fe: Fajitas

Savoy: Pork Chops

Vivaldi: She could not remember

If you are in the International dining room, you have to ask for the dish. They usually have no problem bringing it to you.

I was on the Sapphire (sister ship to the Diamond) back in Aug. 2004 and every night the waiter will offer us the menu to one of the specialty restaurants (Asian or Southwest or Cajon) in additinal to the regular menu' date=' but I had heard that since then the themes were done away with and all the restaurants (other than Sterlings and Sabatinis) offered the exact same menu.[/quote']Since 2004, the separate menus and themed restaurants have gone bye-bye. And yes... to my knowledge, the non-specialty restaurants have the same menu.

Archived