Views on Pacific Princess?

philipb

Is the PP 'up to scratch'? There are some 'iffy' reviews in the Reviews section (food, service, soft furnishings). She is a sister ship to the Tahitian Princess which we were aboard in January (around French Polynesia) and which we quite liked. So reports from those on board recently would be useful.

The ship's service is very good, the food was mostly good throughout each venue, from Buffet to specialty dinning and the Dinning Room. I have been on this ship all summer and just got off on Oct 13th in Cape Town and there is some wear and tear, but nothing out of the ordinary or that you wouldn't expect from a ship that is 6 years old.

Tony

Thanks for the comments. T&J - you are obviously experts on this ship. Any idea when she is next due for refit?

Hi Philipb,

We've bet 160 Days on the Pacific Princess:D , we are sure she will be in top shape for our 58 Days next year & 102 Days on 2008 WC:)

Tony, What do you think?;) Bill

Thanks for the comments. T&J - you are obviously experts on this ship. Any idea when she is next due for refit?

Hi Philipb,

We've bet 160 Days on the Pacific Princess:D , we are sure she will be in top shape for our 58 Days next year & 102 Days on 2008 WC:)

Tony, What do you think?;) Bill

Thanks Jotworld - you certainly seem keen on the ship! I believe they are only selling the 2008 World Cruise as a full cruise and not as sectors?

GM Philipb,

That is correct:) No Sectors and We're very glad for that, they don't need to as it will be sold out completely in a few more months, if not sooner;) The Full suites & Mini Suites are all gone already, and the others are going fast! My Best! Bill

I am not sure how old the reviews are but there was a different ship named Pacific Princess that left Princess's fleet a few years ago. That was the original Love Boat that was used in filming the TV series.

When Princess bought the 2 R ships, they named they Pacific and Tahitian. Princess seems to reuse their ship names.

I am not sure how old the reviews are but there was a different ship named Pacific Princess that left Princess's fleet a few years ago. That was the original Love Boat that was used in filming the TV series.

When Princess bought the 2 R ships, they named they Pacific and Tahitian. Princess seems to reuse their ship names.

The "New" Royal is also a former R Ship(R8?), but it does not have a Mini Suite Deck

like the Pacific & Tahitian does.;) Bill

The "New" Royal is also a former R Ship(R8?), but it does not have a Mini Suite Deck

like the Pacific & Tahitian does.;) Bill

Boo!!! Whatever will I do w/o a mini? :confused: We spent 36 days on the Pacific in 2004 and 7 weeks on her in 2005; both times in minis. We're booked for 7 weeks on the Royal next year and have to settle for a balcony. Ah.......the trials and tribulations one must go through in the name (game?) of cruising. :rolleyes: ............. (:D )

Arlene

Boo!!! Whatever will I do w/o a mini? :confused: We spent 36 days on the Pacific in 2004 and 7 weeks on her in 2005; both times in minis. We're booked for 7 weeks on the Royal next year and have to settle for a balcony. Ah.......the trials and tribulations one must go through in the name (game?) of cruising. :rolleyes: ............. (:D )

Arlene

Hi,

What is the Earliest we should be at Port Everglades, 12 Noon?

or Later? (these Days):confused:

Thanks!

Bill

Hi,

What is the Earliest we should be at Port Everglades, 12 Noon?

or Later? (these Days):confused:

Thanks!

Bill

You should be there now. We always board about noon.

Arlene

P.S. Oops. Thought you were talking about today's Coral boarding. You're confusing me, Bill.

Archived