Sky Sweet

Please check all that apply  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Please check all that apply

• Spa treatments on Celebrity are more expensive than at home
    • Spa treatments on Celebrity are less expensive than at home
    • Wine is more expensive on Celebrity than at restaurants where I live
    • Wine is less expensive on Celebrity than at restaurants where I live
    • Retail Merchandise on Celebrity is more expensive than at stores where I live
    • Retail Merchandise on Celebrity is less expensive than at stores where I live
    • Pricing for spa treatments on Celebrity are similar to where I live
    • Wine prices on Celebrity are similar to where I live
    • Celebrity's pricing for hair treatments is more expensive than at home
    • Pricing for hair treatments are similar to what I would pay at home

In additional to laundry/dry cleaning being reasonably priced (let's hope these prices are not the next target), they make packing easier. I always send a few things to be cleaned/pressed when we board rather than worrying about preventing wrinkles when packing.

I'm not sure we can really get an accurate reponse. The prices are comparable - depending on how good a shopper at home you might be. Spa treatments, for instance. If you go to a cheap place - you get cheaper prices, but sometimes the professionalism is not the same. If you wait and sign up for the half price spa treatments it's obviously a lot cheaper. Same with retail merchandise. Get it on sale, either at home or on the ship - and it's going to be a better price.

I like the idea of asking - but is there a way you can really compare a spa treatment on the ship to a spa treatment in a similar facility at home? Just wondering.

I'm not sure we can really get an accurate reponse. The prices are comparable - depending on how good a shopper at home you might be. Spa treatments, for instance. If you go to a cheap place - you get cheaper prices, but sometimes the professionalism is not the same. If you wait and sign up for the half price spa treatments it's obviously a lot cheaper. Same with retail merchandise. Get it on sale, either at home or on the ship - and it's going to be a better price.

I like the idea of asking - but is there a way you can really compare a spa treatment on the ship to a spa treatment in a similar facility at home? Just wondering.

Hi Happy Cruiser :)

You raise a good point. Since I consider the ambiance and quality at Celebrity's Spas to be comparable to a good Day Spa, that is what I had in mind when I checked that Spa prices were comparable to what I would pay where we live.

If I base it on both quality and price of service then the spa services onboard are more expensive than a nice day spa where I live. But you can't beat the ambiance of having a massage during a sea day while the motion of the ship compliments the spa treatment so well!

Terri

What exactly do you mean by that? Are you saying that spa treatments are better or worse onboard? I've been disappointed in ALL of the spa treatments I've gotten on ships (both Celebrity and Carnival), especially given the premium price I pay. I'm used to paying less for much better treatments at one of the best spas in Los Angeles.

Archived