Names For The New Sisters?

PeaSea8ch

Sabourn sailors, it might be fun to brainstorm some ideas for names for the new sisters scheduled to arrive in 2009 and 2010. The first two names that came to my mind were: SEABOURN RHAPSODY and SEABOURN MELODY. Other ideas? ....

Blackie,

You're a "hoot and a howl!" "Pinkie" would NEVER do~~~~~

I vote to keep the colors the pretty shade of blue.....and white, of course!

I'm sure many fabulous names will be submitted!

(you should have seen Captain T.T.'s face when I ask him last year, "do you think Blue Lagoon and Deborah might paint the Pride PINK for our theme Crossing???)

Miss Pinkie

Peachy,

I love your suggestion as: "The Seabourn Melody" A super name!!

I guess "The Seabourn Melodrama" wouldn't work for the other ship, would it? ha ha ha

What about "The Musical?" Golly, many ideas come to mind: The Adagio, The Sonata, The Serenade, The Valse, (waltz) many more.

Let's try and win the contest!

Pinkie

Pinkie,

When I saw your original response about the naming contest, I thought, Oh No! I never should have started this thread as someone my plagiarize our ideas! ;) I loved your suggestion of the "The Seabourn Serenade"

I think our entry of "The Seabourn Serenade" and "The Seabourn Melody" will be the 1 - 2 name winning combination! However, there are an infinite possibility of names for our new sisters!

Have a grreeaatt weekend! (I will be packing for DHL's arrival Monday to transport my bags to the Legend)

Peachy

Tell 'ya what....I'll do my "undercover" work and find out what Blue Lagoon is leanin' to, as to names for the 2 new ships....then I'll e-mail you....if we win let's ask for the owner's suite for our World Cruise!

(if that's the prize he he)

Pinkie

(as you'll be packing, I'll be UN-packing

this weekend! I've been so busy with Betty,

etc. my luggage, that was delivered last Tues.

is still sitting right in the floor! UGH!

Valet Service was 6*/excellent!!!)

I like Magellan, but there's already a ship named that, the new residence one. I like adventureous names. Constellation? Wait, that's a lounge name. Explorer? Sounds like an ice breaker at one of the poles. How about after islands? Martinique, or Margarita or St. Croix?

I've got it: "Cruise Critic Sailors Paid for This One"? No, too long.

Jane ;)

Jane, we need to get you out of the caribbean!! ;)

...or back into it! How about on the Pride, say...December? Yeah, that's the ticket!

(She's just shell-shocked from her absense from SB!!!! She's delirious!!! :) )

:D ;)

Paul

postponing the angst with a HAL Westerdam caribbean on 10/29...it'll help, but it won't quite work...still another month afterwards!

Jane, we need to get you out of the caribbean!! ;)

Noooooooooo! *fingers dragging through the powdery white sand of Barbados as she's being pulled off the island*...

All right, all right....here are my entries, suggested names for two of the new ships, in honor of the ancient cities of Greece (which are not in the Caribbean!):

Minerva

Artemis

P.S. Swan Hellenic probably already has them!!

:)

Ahoy all you Seabourn lovers! Have not been on Seabourn since being on the "Sun" a few years ago. Was all set to go on one of the sisters last year in Europe but lost out as Seabourn decided to charter the ship :(

Above posts are some great ideas for the new twins but other lines already have such names: 'Rhapsody' and 'Serenade' are with RCI, 'Melody' with MSC, 'World' with ResidenSea and 'Minerva' is with Swan Hellenic.

Yes, it is very exciting with the announement of the new twins - can't wait to see some renderings of the interiors!

Bob.

Hi all,

I like Seabourn Explorer and Seabourn Adventurer. Since one will probably do a world cruise Explorer is appropriatre. As Seabourn sailors are always looking for new experiences and adventures I like Adventurer as well.

Now, be warned: I was one of five finalists in a contest to find a state slogan so maybe I'll be one of five finalists for this. My slogan for the state came in second and then our governor thru the whole thing out and now we don't even have a slogan. I'm not going to tell you the state as I don't want a slew of jokes :>

Here's to Explorers and Adventurers, wherever you sail on Seabourn....

Bon voyage

Blackie,

I heard recently that Blue Lagoon plans to hold a "naming contest" for our two new Sister's!! How exciting and what fun!!

Huggggzzz sent

Pinkie

Martha, is this "for sure" or a "maybe"? If it's true I'm keeping my ideas to MYSELF!! :D

Matt,

I just heard it ~~~can you pleeeze tell me "something".....anything that is for absolute certain??? (other than the sun will probably go down

late this afternoon)

Sorry, though......I already have the two names for the new ships!

I'll be happy to send you a picture postcard from a far away place!

Pinkie M.

Archived