HELP! My DH is addicted to the AOS!

ckrobyn

I know I could have worse problems.....but my DH won't cruise on any other ship or itinerary except for the Adventure of the Seas! :eek:

We did the AOS this past January and have a B2B booked for this February - we are now looking at winter 2008 and he is insisting on the same ship and same itinerary again!

Don't get me wrong - I love the AOS too, but think maybe we should try something new? Any suggestions on converting DH to another ship/itinerary? :confused:

All suggestions welcome :)

I loved the AOS too, but haven't any interest in booking her again, at least anytime in the near future. Tell your dh that all of the voyager class ships, and even the Freedom class are nearly identical to the AOS, except for a few small changes, so if he is worried about them not having the same amenities and such, no need to be :) And its always exciting seeing new ports!

I would go and print out the deck plans or virtual tour of the AOS and then go and print out the same thing for another ship that you would like to go on (if you still want to sail the newer RCCL ships) and show him how similar they are. Hopefully that will help! ;)

I loved the AOS too, but haven't any interest in booking her again, at least anytime in the near future. Tell your dh that all of the voyager class ships, and even the Freedom class are nearly identical to the AOS, except for a few small changes, so if he is worried about them not having the same amenities and such, no need to be :) And its always exciting seeing new ports!

I would go and print out the deck plans or virtual tour of the AOS and then go and print out the same thing for another ship that you would like to go on (if you still want to sail the newer RCCL ships) and show him how similar they are. Hopefully that will help! ;)

Thanks addicted,

Honestly, I think he is nuts for the AOS not just because of the ship - but because of the itinerary. He really loves Aruba.....I don't see another itinerary on RCI that includes Aruba - is this true or am I missing something?

that just the way good man are they find something they like an they stick with it , after afew years hell decide to change, as long as your happy just go with it Frankie Cruise:cool:

Hope he doesn't feel that way about ME! LOL

Hmmm....well, it you and DH in a steamy room with lots of different muds & creams...topped with your imagination and a nice hot shower. Very nice.

Hmmm, I wasnt aware of this myself. I could definitely get some ideas.....with the right person of course ;) Will have to remember this one for an upcoming cruise :D

Hmmm, I wasnt aware of this myself. I could definitely get some ideas.....with the right person of course ;) Will have to remember this one for an upcoming cruise :D

Oh it was wonderful. DH and I did this for our honeymoon. It was so relaxing and the products you get to sample are so skin soothing. I highly recommend this.

Robyn, I say to let DH sail the AOS as long as he lets you do a girls cruise with us every year! I'll sail ANYWHERE! Where do you want to go...

FYI, check out some of the repositioning cruises. A lot of them stop in Aruba. The Grandeur on April 28, 2006 (I think that's the departure date) stops there.

OK, so you KNEW I would have to look up which ships go to Aruba:

Grandeur 4-28-07 and 11-25-07

Legend Dec 23, 07 and Jan-Mar 08

Brilliance Jan-Mar 07 and Jan-Apr 08 and 12-21-07

Serenade Oct 27, 07

and the Empress on a bunch of dates, but I can't see you sailing her...

Thanks addicted,

Honestly, I think he is nuts for the AOS not just because of the ship - but because of the itinerary. He really loves Aruba.....I don't see another itinerary on RCI that includes Aruba - is this true or am I missing something?

The 10 and 11 night Panama Canal cruises on Brilliance go to Aruba. As do the 11 night sailings on Empress of the Seas. See if you can get him on the Brilliance sailings. The 10 night sailing is pretty great, and since it is Friday to Monday you don't have to take as much time off work as you do for the 11 night.

Robyn, I say to let DH sail the AOS as long as he lets you do a girls cruise with us every year! I'll sail ANYWHERE! Where do you want to go...

FYI, check out some of the repositioning cruises. A lot of them stop in Aruba. The Grandeur on April 28, 2006 (I think that's the departure date) stops there.

OMG Murphy! You are seriously going out on a limb with that comment!

Are you SURE you want to sail with me again????? LOL

Truth is - I'm meeting you in 2 weeks, but I already know I would sail again with you anytime!!! Our thread has been a total riot for the past 8 months :D

OMG Murphy! You are seriously going out on a limb with that comment!

Are you SURE you want to sail with me again????? LOL

Truth is - I'm meeting you in 2 weeks, but I already know I would sail again with you anytime!!! Our thread has been a total riot for the past 8 months :D

I agree! I can't wait to meet "live"! 9 more work days...

We also agree we love the AOS and the itinerary. We have been on the AOS 7 times and loved every one -- both routes. You better get as many as you want done to include Aruba before the AOS heads for the West Coast in a couple of years. We have lots of friends on the AOS and we surely will miss them when they leave PR. They hopefully will stay in touch otherwise. Enjoy!!

I really appreciate all the suggestions and even the research some of you have done for me :o Thanks!

Maybe men are creatures of habit?? LOL or not....LOL!:cool:

I have some time to sway him and maybe try another ship,...I'll keep you posted ;)

Robyn, just tell him to snap out of it and wake up and smell the sea :D.

Looks like a land vacation might be in order for him. Book him in for a week and tell him you'll stop by for a visit when you are sailing through on Brilliance on your way to Panama. :)

Archived