Ok, bad question to ask BUT...

Noam

We are going on a cruise in Jan.

2 of the people going are UNDER 21 and they are not going with a family member who is OVER 25.

I have several members in the group who are over 25 and know the two under-agers well.

My question is in the parent/guardian permission form for minors it asks the relationship to the people in question. What is best to put here. I feel like simply writing "family friend" or "friend" is not enough? What is really the difference that carnival puts on somoene who is traveling with a friend vs. someone who is traveling with say...a cousin or uncle or aunt?

We are going on a cruise in Jan.

2 of the people going are UNDER 21 and they are not going with a family member who is OVER 25.

I have several members in the group who are over 25 and know the two under-agers well.

My question is in the parent/guardian permission form for minors it asks the relationship to the people in question. What is best to put here. I feel like simply writing "family friend" or "friend" is not enough? What is really the difference that carnival puts on somoene who is traveling with a friend vs. someone who is traveling with say...a cousin or uncle or aunt?

I believe you are referring to the rule that there must be someone over the age of 25 in the cabin?? If so, it does not have to be a family member...just an adult over 25. On our Alaskan cruise there was a group of 16 -19 year old there from New York with their paid chaperones who were 26 -29.

I would like to know what form you are speaking of? What does this form give permission for?

CCL requires that passengers under the age of 21 be accompanied by an adult at least 25 years of age. Having said that, the policy does not appear to dictate that there be some sort of familial relationship. Could be teacher, coach, karate instructor, or simply a family acquaintance that has agreed to act as "chapparone".

I would like to know what form you are speaking of? What does this form give permission for?

Per the Carnival site http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_minor_pregnancy_policy.aspx regarding minors:

"... When traveling with a minor and both parents/legal guardians are not cruising, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent/legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel with you. This will expedite processing by the Department of Homeland Security. Please note that a notarized letter to this effect is required if debarking with children in Mexico..."

For a site where a Letter Of Consent To Travel can be printed, click here: http://travelwithkids.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=travelwithkids&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.singleparenttravel.net%2FWriting%2FDocumentation%2F

Kat 060104_emM12_prv.gif

Archived