Tortola 7am-1pm

cougar242

If our ship gets in at 7am, not sure what time we would get off and leaves at 1pm. I am sure we would have to be back on 30 minutes before. Does this give us enough time to go to the Baths? Or should we just try something else for this trip since we are only there a short period of time> THanks

We are traveling in February on the Norwegian Pearl. Did not realize that we are only there from 7am-1pm. Doesn't seem like much time to do anything. I was on the NCL website and they do have an excursion to the Baths but I agree with you, it can not give you much time there. We have not been to Tortola and had read the Baths are a must see. So still not sure.

We took the Baths excursion through NCL two years ago on the Dawn, and we had PLENTY of time there. The ferry picked us up right at the ship (we were anchored, also from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.) and brought us to VG. At the ferry dock, we boarded buses that took us to the Baths -- it was a beautiful ride, and we did stop to take photos along the way. We had enough time at the Baths to thoroughly explore, then walk back up to the restaurant, wander the gift shop and have a drink before going back to the ship.

Since we were in port for such a short time (and anchored) we decided the ship's excursion was the only way to go to the Baths.

I completely agree with you, Welove2cruise2. We're headed to Tortola on the Pearl in April, and I just booked the Virgin Gorda highlights tour on NCL's website a couple of days ago. I don't want to miss the Baths, and I definitely don't want to have to worry about making it back to the ship when it leaves at 1:00. I think the ship's excursion is the only way to go on this one, and when I did the math, it looked like we'd have around 2 hours at the baths themselves, which isn't bad -- and sure beats the heck out of not going at all.:D

we are also in Tortola from 7-1, just wondering which beach would be better time wise and beauty wise Cane, brewers, or smugglers. I'm just trying to get the most beach time at a beautiful beach any advice will help, thanks Cathi

we are also in Tortola from 7-1, just wondering which beach would be better time wise and beauty wise Cane, brewers, or smugglers. I'm just trying to get the most beach time at a beautiful beach any advice will help, thanks Cathi

With such a short amount of time in port, if you want to do the Bath's take the cruise lines excursion to guarantee the ship will wait if you are late getting back.

North Carolina cruiser, read thru the Baths closed thread and you will see they re-opened on Oct 24.

Cathi, if you just want a beautiful beach that's close to the ship go to Brewer's, if you don't mind a longer drive go to Smuggler's. If you want more amenities such as restaurant/bars & shopping go to Cane Garden Bay.

Archived