pre cruise hotels

calas

we are searching for information about R C C L pre cruise hotels in Miami,we have booked a package flying frpm England which includes a one night stop in miami,but we cannot find any details anywhere.We will most likely get some sort of information when our cruise tickets arrive,but we cannot wait that long.if anyone can help we would be most grateful.

Barabara & Jim :confused:

They use several hotels. Be aware you are paying a big premium for the cruiseline to book this package. Most always, it is significantly cheaper to book hotels separately. If you want to know what hotel you are staying at, perhaps, cancel the package and just book it directly yourself.

I just received the newest Caribbean RCI cruise brochure. They use 4 major hotels: Courtyard by Marriott, Hyatt, Intercontinental and the Sheraton Four Points (lowest rated hotel). As an example, the Intercontinental, a 4 * downtown property costs $114 USD per person = $228, while a winning bid on Priceline is about $100 for the room. Convenience does have its price. Of course buying from the cruiseline does include airport and hotel transfers. No matter where they put you up, enjoy your cruise vacation.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

My cruise is on the Majesty of the Seas, November 13-17 2006. I booked on my own at the Holiday Inn at the port of Miami. My family went there and loved it. If you register on line, you will get so many points and possible get a free nights stay the next time you use any of their hotels. It is www.holiday-inn.com. Good luck and enjoy! I found them to be the cheapest.

When we booked last year with UK travel agent, we did the inclusive package. we went down this route for convenience as it was the first time travelling to the USA.

We stayed at the Hilton. Just be aware that the package does not include breakfast! We found this out later!

The package does include your transfers from the airport to hotel and then in the morning onto the ship.

I believe that some people, certainly in the USA but not sure if allowed in the UK, book the package including flights and hotel and then shop around before final payment is due. If they find better prices they then cancel the flight and hotel part of the holiday.

This year we have sorted out our own flights and hotel.

Price comparison the the hotel is cheaper, but it is not the Hilton! RCCL definately get a good bulk rate on their hotels.

We are at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon [look on TripAdvisor] which has a shuttle from the airport to hotel and includes breakfast. Options to get to the cruise ship are also available at the hotel. Also since booking the rate has dropped so I amended my online booking and got the new rate!

Flights were booked for this 2006 December travel, back in August and have doubled in price since. So this is were we also saved some money, but must admit that last years cruise 2005, was booked 12+ months in advance so the price RCCL estimated for was way low and cheaper than I could have got at any time and worth taking - this got us decent flight times and plane with seat back tvs etc. some planes are the old tv in the ceiling system etc., and too be honest for the length of journey i want a bit of comfort. check out seatguru.com for airlines and their planes.

So my suggestion is that if this is your first time then you may feel more comfortable with the security of RCCL., however if seasoned travellers then perhaps some savings are still to be made, but it might be too late in the day depending on when your holiday is.

hope that helps.

Ruth.

Hello Ruth

Thank you for replying to our message, we found the points you raised very informative,it seems we have as you did booked a package thru RCCL .as we thought that it would be easier, as this is our first cruise out of the U S A.it is not our first visit to the U S A.we have since found that we could sail out of New York.and we found that we coiuld a saving,but it was to late to alter any bookings,and also we really wanted to sail on the Frredom of the seas,but we will have to review how we book holidays in future

Calas(barbara&jim)

Archived