will they let me change ships

mcskids

just booked with carnival for a march sailing, wanted to change to princess, any info

You want to change lines as well as ships. You need to contact whoever you booked through. Since you are sailing in March you should have no problems in cancelling and then re-booking on the other line. If you put your deposit on a credit card it will have to be credited back and that could take time and then the new deposit will have to be charged. If you booked through a TA it might be a little easier to transfer.

You won't lose your deposit but if you booked thru a TA they might have a cancellation fee. Even if you booked thru a TA that has a cancellation fee hopefully they won't charge you since you are re-booking a different cruise. I good TA wouldn't charge you the cancellation fee.

Even though Carnival Corporation owns Princess and many other lines, they all work as separate entities. You'd have to cancel your Carnival cruise and rebook with Princess. This far out, you won't lose your deposit if you booked directly through Carnival. However, some outside agencies and TAs charge cancellation fees. You'll need to check with whomever you booked. Hope all works out for you.:)

will i lose deposit, thanks for info

The others are right--you should not lose your deposit and a good TA will not charge you any company fees that may apply as you would be rebooking with them. I had to cancel a cruise in December for our February cruise and was not charged any penalty even though the company states outright that there will be a $50 penalty for canceling. The reason was because I turned right around and rebooked with her. I didn't even have to get my deposit credited back to my card and start over because I stayed in the Carnival family (Fascination to Conquest).

We just did this, we canceled the Destiny and booked AOS (because they dropped Aruba), not sailing till Feb. Our TA canceled everything, booked our AOS, waived the cancellation fee, plus gave us 100.00 onboard credit!! Our refund from Carnival was immediately on our credit card within 5 days!!!! It should be no problem since you are going in March. Good Luck!:D

Archived