Clean Bedding Question

I'm Heading To Aos In Nov And Wondered If Anyone Has Requested Clean Bedspread And Blankets?? I've Cruised Before And Know The Sheets Are Changed But Is The Bedspreads And Blankets Changed Between Passengers? If Not, How Do I Request This???

(too Many Csi Shows, I Guess).

I am freakish about my linens. I totally strip the beds when I arrive and tell them I am allergic and must have totally fresh linens when they come back at night. I pass on $10 for the inconvenience.... I was in the hotel business for 20 years ---- sheets were changed daily, but blankets, mattress covers and spreads are only changed about once for every five guests... always check between mattress and box spring for bed bugs also...

After a week I had to ask that our sheets be changed on the bed. We were on a 11 night cruise in Sept.

I kept the bedspread off of the bed but had to hope the blanket was not too soiled. Maybe the new duvet and bedding being introduced will be a cleaner choice. They can wash the duvet cover between guests.

I would really prefer clean linens for everyone starting their cruise but I guess that is wear and tear on the bedding and washing facilities.....

Silly ?, but are the bedbugs real noticeable or do you have to have a microscopic eye to see them???:confused: I have seen terrible pictures and now am paranoid. Someone said to put a dryer sheet under your sheets and in suitcases, that bedbugs hate these and that way they won't migrate to your suitcase??? Anyone know if this works???? Thanks!

Silly ?, but are the bedbugs real noticeable or do you have to have a microscopic eye to see them???:confused: I have seen terrible pictures and now am paranoid. Someone said to put a dryer sheet under your sheets and in suitcases, that bedbugs hate these and that way they won't migrate to your suitcase??? Anyone know if this works???? Thanks!

I'd like to know as well. Any truth to this, or is it an urban myth :confused:

Every cruise we've been on, the bedspread was removed from the bed the first night and never put back on.

If it makes you feel any better, they triple sheet. I didn't even know what triple sheeting was until our first cruise. Now I triple sheet our bed at home too.

You could ask the room attendent to just remove the bedspread for the duration of the week.

Enjoy your trip!

I ask for an extra sheet to be put on top of the blanket. After they remove the bedspread they put the sheet on over the blanket. That way, I can pull the covers up to my chin without having the actual blanket against my skin. If that makes sense. The duvet's do seem to be the answer as they are much easier to wash between guests.

You should be more worried about the bathroom, doorknobs, light switches, phones, and any surface that people touch over and over. Did you see the Dateline on cruise ship cabin cleanliness? It scared the heck out of me! :eek: Basically, every possible suface had unmentionable bodily fluids on them. It didn't matter what category cabin you stayed in, they were all equally dirty. I now travel with cleaning supplies and won't let anyone touch anything until I've cleaned everything! Neurotic? Absolutely!! but I don't want to touch anyone else's bodily fluids or fecal matter!!!! I am a linen freak as well. I will only use my own travel pillow and bring my own pillow cases.

You should be more worried about the bathroom, doorknobs, light switches, phones, and any surface that people touch over and over. Did you see the Dateline on cruise ship cabin cleanliness? It scared the heck out of me! :eek: Basically, every possible suface had unmentionable bodily fluids on them. It didn't matter what category cabin you stayed in, they were all equally dirty. I now travel with cleaning supplies and won't let anyone touch anything until I've cleaned everything! Neurotic? Absolutely!! but I don't want to touch anyone else's bodily fluids or fecal matter!!!! I am a linen freak as well. I will only use my own travel pillow and bring my own pillow cases.

It's true...there are soooo many surfaces that have God knows what all over them, that we deal with every day of our lives. That being said, I too bring wipes and the anti-bacterial hand gel with me. The LAST place I want to get sick is on my cruise! I also always hit the elevator buttons with my knuckle. :p

I now travel with cleaning supplies and won't let anyone touch anything until I've cleaned everything! Neurotic? Absolutely!! but I don't want to touch anyone else's bodily fluids or fecal matter!!!! I am a linen freak as well. I will only use my own travel pillow and bring my own pillow cases.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! :p I LOVE the Clorox wipes and take them with me whenever I travel. They are easy to pack and easy to use. A quick swipe over telephones, remotes, light switches, door knobs and the bathroom takes me less than 10 minutes, but makes the rest of my vacation more relaxed. It drives my husband CRAZY, but he knows if he ignores my 10 minutes of craziness he'll get more from the vacation too.;)

I haven't tried this, but I was thinking of trying one of those space saver bags to bring a thin blanket. I have some in my linen closet storing bulky items. You put something bulky in and then roll the air out. This way I could have my own clean blanket from home, but it shouldn't take up more than an inch or so in the bottom of my suitcase. I might have to try it when I'm packing...which isn't going to be for a while yet...

I haven't tried this, but I was thinking of trying one of those space saver bags to bring a thin blanket. I have some in my linen closet storing bulky items. You put something bulky in and then roll the air out. This way I could have my own clean blanket from home, but it shouldn't take up more than an inch or so in the bottom of my suitcase. I might have to try it when I'm packing...which isn't going to be for a while yet...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! :p I LOVE the Clorox wipes and take them with me whenever I travel. They are easy to pack and easy to use. A quick swipe over telephones, remotes, light switches, door knobs and the bathroom takes me less than 10 minutes, but makes the rest of my vacation more relaxed. It drives my husband CRAZY, but he knows if he ignores my 10 minutes of craziness he'll get more from the vacation too.;)

My husband thinks I'm nuts too! But we have never gotten sick on a cruise. Many people are just dirty. I have always been a clean freak. I just can't relax until I feel that my cabin is clean to my standards. FYI the cabin attendants sometimes use the same rag to clean as they go room to room. I go over the bathroom every evening when we return from dinner.

Being that I ride public transportation everyday(DC Metrorail) I guess im not as freaked out about these things as everybody else. I just wash my hands frequently. I guess thats all you can do. But honestly, theres NO telling what has been on those train seats, hand rails, ect. also, hand sanitizer is my friend:)

Archived