carnival parking vs. ez parking ?? is there a difference?

lady in tx

Hello! I tried to search for this question just in case it's been asked before, but it didn't give me the option to search?!? so sorry if this ? has already been asked.:) (Duh! I wasn't logged in! Sorry guys! It's almost 5 ...Scatter brain! lol... ;) )

I wanted to know which one is better? Carnival Parking lot or Ez Parking?? I have read that the ez parking lot is well the lot 1 is higher then lot 2...which lot 2 floods. My DH just bought a brand new pickup and I'm sure he would hate to come back from the cruise & find it flooded!:eek: lol...

anyhow, I read about the carnival parking...supposedly they have security guard that checks the parking lot every 2 hours....But i haven't read any opinions about Carnival parking.

Money is really not an issue. I know DH would like to park his vehicle somewhere safe, away from flooding, or theives...(am i asking too much?) :rolleyes: Anyhow, looking forward to reading everyones opinion!

Thanks in advance!! :D

... Carnival Parking lot or Ez Parking?...

Howdy lady in tx!

There is no "Carnival" parking lot. At this time, the parking options for all cruise lines in the Galveston cruise terminals area are the Official Port of Galveston Parking Lots or the independent lots such as EZ Cruise Parking and Lighthouse Parking. Unless, of course, you are staying pre and/or post-cruise in a hotel or motel that allows parking while you are cruising.

Port of Galveston Parking: http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml

EZ Cruise Parking: http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

Lighthouse Parking: (877) 91-LIGHT

Sorry, I could not find a site for Lighthouse Parking, but you can book on-line for either EZ Cruise Parking or Lighthouse Parking here: http://www.galveston.com/cruiseparking/

I have used only the Official Port of Galveston Parking Lots or EZ Cruise Parking & find I prefer EZ Cruise Parking so far. (Mainly due to Galveston Island "politics", but then that's a personal "thang". I was born there.) Maybe I will try Lighthouse Parking next time!

I sincerely hope this information will be satisfactory!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

Howdy lady in tx!

There is no "Carnival" parking lot. At this time' date=' the parking options for all cruise lines in the Galveston cruise terminals area are the Official Port of Galveston Parking Lots or the independent lots such as EZ Cruise Parking and Lighthouse Parking. Unless, of course, you are staying pre and/or post-cruise in a hotel or motel that allows parking while you are cruising.

Port of Galveston Parking: http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml

EZ Cruise Parking: http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

Lighthouse Parking: (877) 91-LIGHT

Sorry, I could not find a site for Lighthouse Parking, but you can book on-line for either EZ Cruise Parking or Lighthouse Parking here: http://www.galveston.com/cruiseparking/

I have used only the Official Port of Galveston Parking Lots or EZ Cruise Parking & find I prefer EZ Cruise Parking so far. (Mainly due to Galveston Island "politics", but then that's a personal "thang". I was born there.) Maybe I will try Lighthouse Parking next time!

I sincerely hope this information will be satisfactory!

Happy trails to you...

Kat

Kat,

Thanks for making me aware there is not carnival port. :) I might have gotten it confused with the galveston port and assumed it was Carnival!:rolleyes:

I will check the links out! thanks!

Springtxbill,

thanks for giving me your opinion!

I'll just do some more researching and then decide!

Thanks!:)

I would be skeptical about using ez cruise. There was someone on this site who got their wheels stolen and was given a major run around. There were also cars flooded in parking lot 2.

You may want to search on this site and see the comments about ez cruise.

We did use them the last time we cruised and only had a complaint about the shuttle being so slow going to the ship.

Used EZ Cruise earlier this month to park two cars while we were on the Rhapsody and had absolutely no problems. Yes, I understand there were some vehicles flooded at one point, but, given the storms we have in this area, that is not an atypical event.

If you go on line to their website www.ezcruiseparking.com you can get a reduced rate.

Used EZ Cruise earlier this month to park two cars while we were on the Rhapsody and had absolutely no problems. Yes, I understand there were some vehicles flooded at one point, but, given the storms we have in this area, that is not an atypical event.

If you go on line to their website www.ezcruiseparking.com you can get a reduced rate.

yes i have read that someone got their rims stolen but I believe that the OP said that the issue has already been resolved.

Does anyone know if the galveston port gets flooded? If it doesn't I may go ahead and use them.

Thanks in advance..

I used EZ park in October and thought that the lot was just ok. It is on higher ground than port parking and cheaper if you pay online ahead of time, but the fence at port parking looked much more secure.

I was worried that some coolers in the pickup topper may not be there when I got back from my cruise but to my surprise all was fine.

EZ unloads at the far east side of the terminal and it can be a little bit of a walk, the bus was not new but got me to and from ok and they DO transfer luggage, port parking does not.

I will use EZ again in February when I go back for my next cruise.

Archived