How do I find out the best solo price for a 1A cabin with Carnival online?

monakayk

How do I find out the best solo prices for a 1A cabin with Carnival online?

I usually do all my own travel planning and book everything online myself. So where do I go for the best rates for getting a 1A cabin and paying for it solo for a single cabin for only myself? And not having to pay 200%?

Please tell me exactly what I need to do and if you need to name online travel business...you can e-mail me here:

monakayk@hotmail.com

Make sure to put 'Solo Travel Help' in the subject line then it will be automatically sent to my Inbox and not trashed!

:) Thanks a mill! :)

MonaK

I go directly to the Carnival web site. Find the cruise I want to price and then click on "book it". That will take you to a page that asks how many people - enter 1. Proceed to pricing after you have filled in the rest of the info - and it will tell you how much for a single. The 1A is the lowest category available. If you do not see a 1A listed - that means that they are sold out. If a 1A is available at a great price - then I call my Carnival PVP to find out which cabins are available - if they are not listed on the site that is - so that I can get a cabin with a porthole. Sometimes the cabins are listed on the site if the price is not for a 1A GTY. You can continue to price all of your cruises this way without actually booking. When you are ready to book - just proceed.

Good luck -

I go directly to the Carnival web site. Find the cruise I want to price and then click on "book it". That will take you to a page that asks how many people - enter 1. Proceed to pricing after you have filled in the rest of the info - and it will tell you how much for a single. The 1A is the lowest category available. If you do not see a 1A listed - that means that they are sold out. If a 1A is available at a great price - then I call my Carnival PVP to find out which cabins are available - if they are not listed on the site that is - so that I can get a cabin with a porthole. Sometimes the cabins are listed on the site if the price is not for a 1A GTY. You can continue to price all of your cruises this way without actually booking. When you are ready to book - just proceed.

Good luck -

Thanks Kathy for answering this question for me also!

I have done what you have suggested before just to see what was available...but I guess I was not sure how much it really would cost with me only wanting the cabin for myself and not wanting to pay 200%!

So I guess I am not sure how I can determine that part of the pricing. I have heard that other folks have gotten a cabin-solo, only paying an additional 25%. Do you have any idea how I can get those kind of prices?

:) Happy Cruising!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Simply give Carnival a call. Dealing directly with a PVP you will be able to receive the best prices for your available discounts: 55, military, past guest, ect. You are limited as to what you can do on-line. Plus no middle-man in case of problems and/or price discounts. I wish that I could recommend my PVP, but can not do that.

I agree with Kathy 32259.

Get a idea on what you want to book on the web and then call Carnivals PVP . I just got back from a 4 day trip on Sensation and the price was so cheap that I couldn't not book it. They have all kinds of discounts that you just don't know about .

I was booked a 1A GTY. Two days before I left I called up Carnival to see if they had assingned me a cabin so I could make out my luggage tags and to my delight it was a porthole cabin. :)

Remember to constantly check prices for price drops. I booked thru CCL, and every time I found a price drop on another site, CCL would give me the price difference. About 1 week b4 my last cruise, I saw another price drop, and was given that as an onboard credit, since the cruise was already paid for. They do not mind doing this, so it's up to us to do our homework if we want the credits. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Per our Guidelines:

There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Here is a previous Announcement from our Community Manager LauraS that may help explain further:

The third-party recommendation of travel agents and agencies is not allowed on Cruise Critic's Message Board forums.

Posts recommending (or warning against) travel agents, travel agencies, cruise-only agencies, travel/cruise brokers, or Personal Cruise Consultants at any cruise line, or any other source where consumer can purchase travel will be removed from the boards. This also includes any comments included in signatures requesting members to e-mail you for information about your travel agencies.

Additionally, posts by members requesting such information will be removed, so please don't ask .

However, the general discussion of the merits of using a BRICK AND MORTAR AGENCY vs. an INTERNET CRUISE AGENCY vs. purchasing from the CRUISE LINE DIRECTLY will be allowed. No recommendations for any travel source will be allowed.

Travel agents who participate on the boards are encouraged to include their company name in their signature. We believe it is in our member's best interest to know which members are travel agents -- so you can best judge the content of their posts. Travel agents may not include contact information of any kind any where in their posts or profiles on Cruise Critic. (Travel Agents may not request members to e-mail them for information, or include contact information of any kind in their signatures or posts). Finally, Cruise Critic reserves the right to rescind the above in the event travel agents/agencies abuse this privilege.

We anticipate your cooperation, and thank you for your participation.

Laura

Basically, the names, web sites, etc. of travel agents/agencies, Personal Vacation Planners or other cruise-related sites or message boards --- even if "masked" --- are not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts. Posts asking for the name, site or further information via e-mail, or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the deleted posts. I'm sorry, but I had to edit the above post.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory. There is lots and lots of information on our various forums with browsing first as mentioned in our Guidelines and reading all Announcement and Sticky threads.

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

Archived