Best Excursions for Singles

CatgirlNC

Hi! I'm not really a solo traveler. I'm going with my parents, brother & his soon-to-be-wife (they're getting married on the cruise) and some others. But since I am currently unattached and don't have anyone to bring, I'm just staying in my parents' suite (I'm 34 yrs old). The only "rule" is that we all have to meet up for dinner. I may or may not go on excursions with other members of my group. I'm going to choose them based on what I want to do, not what the others are doing.

That being said, are there any types of excursions that are more suitable for singles? It would be fun to do something where people mingle together & make friends, not just stick with the people they came with. Also, which excursions tend to attract fewer kids?

The actual cruise I'm doing is Carnival Miracle on Jan. 14. Our ports will be Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Belize. I probably won't be booking an excursion for GC because my brother's wedding will be that day. If you're not familiar with those specific ports, suggestions like "Dolphins encounters are mostly families," or "Ruins tours don't have a lot of social interactions," would be helpful too. My mother's bugging me to get my tours booked! :p

Thanks!

Hi,:) personally I just book excursions on what I enjoy doing and

usually book through the ship.

When you ask about what ways are good to meet other people...that

would just depend on you.

I always find cruisers to be a friendly group and

when I book through the ship I know other people will usually

be there too:D

I don't know if Carnival offers it but I did take a fantastic

excursion in Cozumel...it was a cooking class at a resort.

We made an entire meal and then were served by the

staff. It was one of the best excursions I have ever done.

Everyone said the same thing....it was FUN:D and the food

was excellent too!

I have been sailing solo for over 3 years now and

always have a great time. Never a problem meeting

other people:)

Hope you have a great time!

I did something similar this Spring when my family booked a zip-line through the tree tops and rapelling down the side of a cave in Belize excursion. Being afraid of heights, I took a Mayan ruin excursion on my own instead. It was a good experience for making new friends and I really enjoyed it.

Hearing back from the family,the zip-line tour was really a lot of fun and there was a lot of interaction between most of the tour members. They didn't see it as just a family thing. If you want pictures of yourself, though, it could be a problem.

Pick excursions that you like and you will meet people who share your interest. The more adventurous the excursion the more interaction you'll have with the others on it. When we swam with the stingrays recently we all talked about the guy who was killed fooling around with a stingray. It was a bonding moment. :p And the fact that we all survived made it all the more special. LOL

You will meet tons of people on the cruise, so you won't lack for company. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived