Hot Tubbing At Night.....on the Valor.

SNJCruzer

Be carefull when you are using the hot tubs!!! I was on the Fantasy and was in a hot tube and my gold ring with tazinite(sp) simply dissolved.:eek: I found several pieces of the gold but not the tazinite. They said they could compensate for the lost of my ring but gave me a phone number to call to talk to Carnivals headquarters. So be carefull with your jewlery and the chemicals they use in the hot tubs... I have been in many hot tubs with my jewlerey on and this has never happened before.

Be carefull when you are using the hot tubs!!! I was on the Fantasy and was in a hot tube and my gold ring with tazinite(sp) simply dissolved.:eek: I found several pieces of the gold but not the tazinite. They said they could compensate for the lost of my ring but gave me a phone number to call to talk to Carnivals headquarters. So be carefull with your jewlery and the chemicals they use in the hot tubs... I have been in many hot tubs with my jewlerey on and this has never happened before.

Gold is a non-reactive metal and will not dissolve in a hot tub. Your ring was not made from gold. You were swindled by whoever sold you the ring.

I noticed that they will close the pools & spa earilier if they are not in use.

Sorry about your ring but i think maybe you should go after the person who sold it to you. Gold will not dissolve, as for Tanzanite, it is a soft stone and is not supposed to come in contact with any chemical.

I noticed that they will close the pools & spa earilier if they are not in use.

Sorry about your ring but i think maybe you should go after the person who sold it to you. Gold will not dissolve, as for Tanzanite, it is a soft stone and is not supposed to come in contact with any chemical.

I've never had any jewelry dissolve, even a cheap watch wihich I accidently wore into a hot tub once, on Valor! But it sure did something nasty to my acrylic nails! They seemed to become gummy and tacky! First time that ever happened-unless it was the sunscreen I put on before going in. . .

I know for a fact that the aft pool and warm tubs were open late on the Conquest last week :o

Yes, they were :D LOL!!!

THere was one last week that smelled pretty bad... and was really cold. Wasn't until we got in that we realized it smelled like turds and feet. Just that brief encounter nearly ruined my swimsuit!!! FTLOG... perhaps that is why I am sick this week, it seeped into my skin :eek:

Yes, they were :D LOL!!!

THere was one last week that smelled pretty bad... and was really cold. Wasn't until we got in that we realized it smelled like turds and feet. Just that brief encounter nearly ruined my swimsuit!!! FTLOG... perhaps that is why I am sick this week, it seeped into my skin :eek:

Ahh...nothing like Baby Ruth and toe jam.:eek:

I really wish they would turn the temp up on those darn things.:(

Ahh...nothing like Baby Ruth and toe jam.:eek:

I really wish they would turn the temp up on those darn things.:(

The one last week was the coldest I have been in... it was ridiculous. They are usually lukewarm at best... this was COLD!!!!

The one last week was the coldest I have been in... it was ridiculous. They are usually lukewarm at best... this was COLD!!!!

Princess was bad too :( Came outta there lookin' like a scared turtle LOL.

Sorry Boston6 you have no ideal what you are talking about!!!! The jewlery that I bought the ring from is very well known!!! In fact they are replacing my ring without any problem.So don't say that I got swindled!!! And it was made of gold you J@ck@ss. :mad: It makes me made when someone says something like you posted.:mad: Mayb all your jewlery is mad of TIN!!! I'd wouldn't of believed it either but there were two other people in the hot tub that saw this happen so yes the chemical did dissolve my ring. And I agree if the chemicals were that high then it would of done something to our skin. But it took 2 days to get the smell off our bodies from being in the hot tub. And all I said was be carefull I didn't tell anyone not to go in!!!:(

Madge,

I think people were a little confused by you posting that your gold ring disolved and missed the part about finding the gold in the bottom of the tub. If this was any type of wrap gold & tanzinite then the softer tanzinite probably dissolved in the chemicals and there wasn't enough gold braiding left to prevent the ring from breaking apart just from you moving your hand around. The other option is if the gold was mixed with metals that were way too soft, it doesn't happen often but some manufacturers try and skimp on the mixing and the jeweler often doesn't know.

And it was made of gold you J@ck@ss..... I'd wouldn't of believed it either but there were two other people in the hot tub that saw this happen so yes the chemical did dissolve my ring.

I believe gold is soluble in solutions which contain both an oxidizing agent and chloride ion. Bleach, for example. I doubt bleach would be in the hot, but you never know. Certainly the chloride ion would be there from either the chlorine (if it's fresh water) or the salt (if it's seawater) in the hot tub. I'd think those solutions wouldn't be suitable to soak your butt in though. It seems unlikely that a concentrated enough solution to cause this reaction would be in a hot tub. Somebody here has to be a lot better chemist than I am and should be able to figure it out.

If is was pure gold, to me this reaction would in no way imply the ring was faulty and the vendor should be responsible for it, in my opinion. The gold was just put in an environment that was not suitable, which is beyond the jeweler's control. If you bought a diamond and then smashed it with a hammer would it be their fault? Of course not. So I'd say they must be an extremely customer service friendly jeweler to go the extra mile on your behalf in this case.

But, if it wasn't pure gold and they knew it, it might dissolve much more easily and they might feel more obligated to replace it.

I read somewhere on here that some of the Hot tubs are open till midnight. :cool: Is this true on the Valor?

I was on the Valor in January and recall several couples enjoying the two aft area tubs fairly late at night. My memory is dim but it is suggesting that on at least one post midnight piazza run I saw people in these tubs.

Sorry Boston6 you have no ideal what you are talking about!!!! The jewlery that I bought the ring from is very well known!!! In fact they are replacing my ring without any problem.So don't say that I got swindled!!! And it was made of gold you J@ck@ss. :mad: It makes me made when someone says something like you posted.:mad: Mayb all your jewlery is mad of TIN!!! I'd wouldn't of believed it either but there were two other people in the hot tub that saw this happen so yes the chemical did dissolve my ring. And I agree if the chemicals were that high then it would of done something to our skin. But it took 2 days to get the smell off our bodies from being in the hot tub. And all I said was be carefull I didn't tell anyone not to go in!!!:(

Wow! A bit abrupt isn't it? Name calling??

Archived