Port to LAX Transfer

kalypso333

Need a quick answer as I'm leaving in 3 hours to board.

I would like to book a car from the port to LAX for our return. How do I know what time to make the reservation for. My flight leaves at 1:30 p.m. on our day of arrival into port.

Will there be plenty of shuttles already there and should I just take one of them?

Thanks

Hello from Puerto Rico, We embark today on Regal Princess for Panama Canal cruise.

We sailed out of and back to the San Pedro terminal in Long Beach several years ago for a Mex. Riv. cruise. Before our cruise ( arrived the day before ) I rented a car at LAX and drop it off cruise day ( no extra charge ) at Long Beach Airport ( closest rental loaction) and took taxi to ship ( about $10 I think ). Taxi from LAX to San Pedro cost around about $50.

On return we took taxi back to Long Beach Airport, got another rental car and dropped at LAX after spending weekend in LA. L. B. airport is about 10 minutes from San Pedro and San Pedro to LAX about 40 minutes depending on time of day traffic. I believe I did this with Avis but other major rental companies were offering no charge other loc.drop offs in LA area. Just check re this when you reserve your car. There were shuttles between L.B and San Pedro but if you are 2 , taxi is quicker and cost is same as taxi, if more than 2 it is cheaper with taxi. Either renting car or taking taxi was much cheaper and more

convenient than ship transfers. Have a great cruise.

Archived