When are Select?

cinnamon

We are taking our 5th X cruise on Zenith on Friday. This is a 14 nighter and we are fortunate enough to be able to have a CC cabin (no balconies, so much cheaper than other ships). In theory, this cruise is therefore 3 credits on our Captains Club membership.

Currently our docs show us as Classic level. My question is, when do they change us to Select level?

Do we have to wait until our next sailing on Infinity in June, or do we attain that level on boarding?

I think the only difference, once we are sailing, is that there is an extra party to attend. Is that correct, or are there any other benefits we would enjoy if the level goes up straight away.

Thanks, Cinnamon

The benefits will begin after you complete your qualifying cruise, which sounds like you will Select on the Infinity. We ran into the same situation exactly and had to wait until our next cruise. There are some added perks for Select (galley tour, backstage tour if available). Hope this helps.

We're curious about jumping to Elite...we will be cruising B2B and gain Elite status after the first leg. Wondering if we'll be considered Elite on the 2nd leg. Would be fun to see if we notice a difference :)

Hi Sheila !

Someone asked this exact question on here a while ago, and it was said that, Celebrity would not recognize it in between sailings. However, I do not know if this is the "official" Celebrity answer.

Here's an idea... towards the end of first sailing, I would go over to the Captains Club Desk, and inform them that you are on a B2B, and that you are Elite on the next sailing. I would ask them to recognize you as Elite for the second leg of the back to back. Hopefully, the Captains Club person can make it happen for you. I do feel you should be entitled to Elite status, even if you have to ask for it :)

Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks, Andy. Hopefully Justin will still be the host on Mercury when we sail down under. We spent a lot of time with him in July and would love to have him be the one to make the decision. Think I'll call Captain's Club prior to sailing as well. Will certainly post when I know but it will likely not be until we cruise....unless, that is, we just have to book something else before them :D Budget is tight so don't think we will, but you never know ;)

We crossed the threshold to Select earlier this month on B2B Mercury cruises. I was curious like you, so went to Captain's Club desk during first leg to enquire. It was confirmed that I did indeed qualify after the first cruise, but it wouldn't get into computer system and be recognized until much later, certainly not in time for 2nd leg. But they would take care of it manually. At start of second cruise, we received the regular Classic level welcome letter and coupon book, but within a couple of hours we received the Select level letter and coupon book, and invitations to Select level events.

Gary

Archived