Can I use the freezer for my own ice cubes?

flagger

Why would you need these????? The water onboard is perfectly fine-- Don't know where the steward would freeze them for you, anyway! It's not like they have anything but big commercial icemakers--and I doubt the chefs would allow it in there freezers!

I am bringing this with me on the next cruise:

http://www.liquidice.net.au/liquid_ice/products/range/1095053

Think my steward will freeze them for me?

I agree with cb at sea. If your cabin attendant could freeze them for you, and I don't see how they possibly can, how are you planning on getting the cubes from them when you plan on using a few? Your cabin attendant is not going to run them up to you whenever you have a drink. ?? Unless maybe you give them a super, gigantic fabulous tip in advance. ;) :D

The water and ice cubes on the ship are fine. I do not even bring or buy bottled water on board anymore.

I am withthe others on this one.. the refrig in the room does not really get very cold as sit is a chiller, (sorta) and not a true refrigerator.. they do not freeze and you could not freeze them in your cabin... many cabins do not even have a chiller/ refrig of sorts.

I do not think they will work for you. What we do is bring a small collapsable cooler, and have the steward keep it filled with ice for us, they replace the ice in our cooler twice a day, and we have cold beer and sodas all the time waiting for us in the cold ice cooler.

Your cabin attendant is not going to run them up to you whenever you have a drink. ?? Unless maybe you give them a super, gigantic fabulous tip in advance. ;) :D

The water and ice cubes on the ship are fine. I do not even bring or buy bottled water on board anymore.

LMBO, screen cleaner needed in Arizona :eek: ;) ;)

###

PC, welcome home and how was the Jewel?:)

Thanks G :) The Jewel and our cruise was absolutely fantastic!! Our list of positives is VERY long and right now I don't even know where to start :D All 10 of us made it there and home safely - two from Southern WI, 6 from Northern WI and us in AZ.

We did have just a few negatives (nothing that ruined our cruise - but Mother Nature was BRUTAL!!!). As soon as I'm feeling better and get some much needed sleep I will add my comments to the Live Thread. I cannot wait to sail on another Radiance Class Ship!!

###

I found the water fine to drink on the Serenade recently and I have a very sensitive system.

I had trouble with the water on a cruise many years ago which resulted in a reaction giving me a rash, then very dry skin and so I was afraid this cruise to bathe or even drink the water.

After a few days realizing my skin was fine I started drinking the water and it was very good tasting water.

I agree with the other posters that if your cabin steward agrees to do this for you, you should give him a bigger tip than you normally do. Upfront, of course.

I have always found that the most demanding people are the worst tippers!

Thanks G :) The Jewel and our cruise was absolutely fantastic!! Our list of positives is VERY long and right now I don't even know where to start :D All 10 of us made it there and home safely - two from Southern WI, 6 from Northern WI and us in AZ.

We did have just a few negatives (nothing that ruined our cruise - but Mother Nature was BRUTAL!!!). As soon as I'm feeling better and get some much needed sleep I will add my comments to the Live Thread. I cannot wait to sail on another Radiance Class Ship!!

###

Looking forward to your comments. Four weeks from Saturday I will be boarding this ship and am looking forward to it. Sorry that Mother Nature did not cooperate. That can put a damper on things.

Archived