Halloween-dam cruise! Let the good times roll!!

Grumpy1

Looks like everyone had a good time on this one!

The Halloween party on Noordam was a blast as well. So I'm happy to say this won't be my last H'ween cruise. (Thinking of joining the 10.31.2007 Noordam sailing ... :D )

See below LOL

Looks like everyone had a good time on this one!

The Halloween party on Noordam was a blast as well. So I'm happy to say this won't be my last H'ween cruise. (Thinking of joining the 10.31.2007 Noordam sailing ... :D )

Hey Vic, nice to see ya !!! I'm thinking of doing another Hal O Ween Dam Cruise in 2008 :) You should join us then too!

hmmmmmmmmmmmm I got more LOL and not of the same time LOL

As far as me Maggie, you know I was a good girl :) You werent in the hot tub the last day were you ???? LOL

here's a cute one though just to show you I love ya!

DutchMaggie.jpg

Ziggy that's one I took now she'll know I sent them to you. :rolleyes:

Hey Hey, its the famous Vic posting here! Hi ya Vic!

Awww, shucks .... you are too kind!

My lovely Rita, how ya been? It looks like you guys had a fantastic time.

Great costumes on everybody!! :)

(Good to know I wasn't the only guy in tights that night ... :rolleyes: )

Hello all, we did the B2B and just got back. I have to admit I laughed for days after I met Ziggy and Sanfords Girl. I got big hugs from them calling out my name "Cool Change" It was funny meeting friends who called me by board name.

Sorry I didnt get to meet more of you. DH ended up sick a few days into the cruise. It started with his ears hurting after snorkeling ( he kept diving down to look at stuff). Then it went into the cold, cough thing. For some reason he had to see ships doctor 3 times before he was finally given an antibiotic. He was still able to get around and participate in most activities but had to take it easy. Therefore I didnt want to expose my fellow CC'ers to any germs that would make anyone else ill. He came home and saw our doc who put him on more antibiotics for ear infection.

I didnt get sick and powered up with the vitamin C and Zicam. It was interesting to be coughed on all night and not have anywhere to go. I can laught at it now. Dont know if I will be able to turn in cost of all the ships doctors visits to trip insurance.

The difference between 2 cruises was noticable. Halloween crowd was lively,not what we were used to with HaL, but it was fun. We loved seeing all of the great costumes. The second cruise was more relaxing, But ship was just as full. This ended up being a good mix for us.

This was our first time on a Vista ship, We usually stay in an SA cabin and were not sure what to expect with the SY. I am not attached to the neptune lounge but DH is addicted to their coffee machine. He found ways to get his coffee; bought big mug and used the coffee pot from room service to fill up during the day in the lido.

SS cabin turned out to have plenty of room for us and found places to hide our big suitcases. The verandah was a nice size. Our travel agent had seen the differences between the SA and SY and could not see us paying twice as much for the deluxe verandah cabin. She was right.

I didn't feel very crowed with the vista ship. I heard that the Westerdam will be in dry dock this spring for one week and wet docked for 2. They are adding more verandah cabins and expanding the lido deck. I was also told that the Nordam is already like this.

I knew what to expect from the board as to what areas would be crowed. It is the Lido for Lunch & the pool areas on sea days. We went on this trip with an open mind and now would sail on another vista ship.

One interesting note about the dining room. We had a 8:30 seating (not our first choice) and found the service lacking. It seemed that we had one waiter handling too many people. I did say something to the head waiter about service being slow. Being at table for 2 we were waiting for everyone in our section to be on the same course. After I said something, the slow service went away. It still wasnt the pampering that we were used to and I did wonder about Hal cutting back on staff.

However on the 2nd leg of our cruise, the service was wonderful. We had a 8pm seating for 2. Our waiting kept checking with us to make sure everything was fine for each course. They hadnt seen us for a couple of nights and were getting ready to call us. (remember DH not feeling well) I felt this was very proactive for staff in case we really did have a problem with service and

did not say why. Now I see why the same people on the same ship can have different experiences in the dining room.

We loved the ease of ships embarkment and disembarkment process. Way to go Hal.

I will be checking back next few days to see if there are any questions. Thanks for all the help in getting my head together in planning this trip. I hope to stay on the boards for awhile to be able to do the same for others.

Hi babes!!

Welcome back!! .... Can only guess you had a great time. Your costumes were cool! Will should have won something for his ... it was ingenious!

Say hi when you get a chance .... my mailbox is open.

:)

Vic Baby!!! :D :D

Long time, no hear from! I miss seeing your witty posts.

You have to go on the next one because we had sooooooo much fun! :cool:

Willie did win our groups best costume prize. He has to be on a lot of cruisers cameras because everyone was asking if they could take his picture. The costume was even funnier in person.

I just saw your Noordam thread so I'll read it when I get home from work today. I'm sure you had a great time too!!

Just mark off Oct 08 on your calendar now so you don't make any other plans........... except for cruising with us!! :D

Can I just ask what she's doing on the floor?:eek:

I can explain. We had all agreed that we would throw our slippers up on stage for Dru. Unfortunatly no one told me it was to be at the end of the last song. Soooooooooooo I threw mine up on the first song. Then Janice scolded me - yes she really did - and I was trying to get them back by sneaking up to the stage. Sooooooooo it's all Janice's fault!:D :D :D

Hey Vic, nice to see ya !!! I'm thinking of doing another Hal O Ween Dam Cruise in 2008 :) You should join us then too!

Count us in on that one too Ms. Ziggy!! You all just had way too much fun!:D

P.S. Maggie- You really look innocent to me!;)

Then Janice scolded me - yes she really did - and I was trying to get them back by sneaking up to the stage. Sooooooooo it's all Janice's fault!:D :D :D

Nice try Maggie but I'm wondering how you could even post a reply. Your nose has to be so long from lying that I don't know how you can get that close to the keyboard!!!!!:p :D hehe

I can explain. We had all agreed that we would throw our slippers up on stage for Dru. Unfortunatly no one told me it was to be at the end of the last song. Soooooooooooo I threw mine up on the first song. Then Janice scolded me - yes she really did - and I was trying to get them back by sneaking up to the stage. Sooooooooo it's all Janice's fault!:D :D :D
hahaha Maggie, your too funny! You were trying to sneak on stage during someone performing for oh lets say a 1,000 pax staring at the stage ??????

And for the record, I believe you tried sneaking up and talking with the Judge as well LOL

Archived