Halloween-dam cruise! Let the good times roll!!

Grumpy1

:) Paul, So glad to hear you are having a great time.

Ahhh Yes one of my favorite things on the ship is the split of champagne "Henkle" It really is a tasty one, they should offer it in a full bottle.

Thanks for the heads up about the Cell service I wonder how long till all the ships will have it. My guess is the Vista Class will get them first.

Okay, sick twisted mind at work here. So forgive, no intention to offend. But I suddenly have visions of hairdressers working on hairy bears. Okay Kathy, get back to work. You have a deadline today!

Hey Paul, after you get back and before I leave on 12/2, do you want to get together for a Memphis Meet and Greet. (Plus anyone else who want to join.)

Thanks for the heads up about the Cell service I wonder how long till all the ships will have it. My guess is the Vista Class will get them first.

March '07 according to HAL's PR.

Volendam was the first to have it.

Brian, it will interesting to see what Scotty's cell bill is this next month. You will have to ask him and report in to what it was.

Lisa ... you have a vicariously morbid curiosity. :eek:

I, too, shake my head in horror at what it might be.

Lisa ... you have a vicariously morbid curiosity. :eek:

I, too, shake my head in horror at what it might be.

Ditto - he called again this afternoon and just chatted away...

...at $3.95/minute!

:eek:

One thing he mentioned is that the ship was not intending to announce this to passengers until next cruise - I'm beginning to wonder how many folks are going to pick up the phone and start chatting away without knowing how much the cost is?

:confused:

Ditto - he called again this afternoon and just chatted away...

...at $3.95/minute!

:eek:

One thing he mentioned is that the ship was not intending to announce this to passengers until next cruise - I'm beginning to wonder how many folks are going to pick up the phone and start chatting away without knowing how much the cost is?

:confused:

Brian, did you at least warn him what the rate was per minute?

My question now is often I use my cell phone when we are in port because my roaming fee from Verizon in Mexico is 15 cents per minute and free long distance. Say we are in Cabo, and I use my cell phone from my cabin will I be charged the $3.95 per minute? If so, that really is not fair. Also I remember it was talked about but how much was the cost of the card you could buy from the front desk?

I'm beginning to wonder how many folks are going to pick up the phone and start chatting away without knowing how much the cost is?:confused:

Hee-hee-hee. I'm taking a perverse pleasure in thinking about it. :D

Bless me, Father, for I have sinned....:o

Hee-hee-hee. I'm taking a perverse pleasure in thinking about it. :D

Bless me, Father, for I have sinned....:o

LOL ... true ... I am too.

Lord knows, my cell phone stays OFF when I'm aboard ship. I'm not letting my people know that they can now reach me by cell when I'm at sea.

Oh ... and, Ruth, say 10,000 Hail HALs and buy me a drink next cruise!!!

My best friend and DH are getting on the Westerdam tomorrow. When I called her today I told her about the cellphone service at sea.

She said "only you and I know about that right now and we're not telling a soul, are we?:o ". She said her cellphone will be in the "off" position for 7 days.:D

My best friend and DH are getting on the Westerdam tomorrow. When I called her today I told her about the cellphone service at sea.

She said "only you and I know about that right now and we're not telling a soul, are we?:o ". She said her cellphone will be in the "off" position for 7 days.:D

Heather--

I hope you will be able to warn your friends not to dine in Pinnacle on Westerdam next week - apparently the Maitre'd there is a real loser, and it would be a shame for them to pay extra to run the risk of having an evening ruined by his rudeness...

Heather--

I hope you will be able to warn your friends not to dine in Pinnacle on Westerdam next week - apparently the Maitre'd there is a real loser, and it would be a shame for them to pay extra to run the risk of having an evening ruined by his rudeness...

Brian, I so appreciate the warning! I'm going to risk it and hope for the best. Their hearts are set on a special dinner at the Pinnacle. Maybe they'll be lost enough in the moment to ignore the rudeness:o . Sure hope so!

Or maybe someone will have a little chat with the Maitre'd???

The cellphone announcement was bad enough ... and we said our goodbyes. So let's just hope.

I can't believe the week is nearly gone and our Halloweeners are almost back. I sure hope this grundgy weather in South Florida hasn't stretched out to HMC!!!

Safe trip home, everyone!!!:)

Well, guess I'll be the one to mention it first....no HMC today. :eek:

One tender made it over, then they halted it, then cancelled the stop. The one tender made it back safely, and then we set sail in rough seas and high winds. Winds expected to be 25mph; they were 37 & gusty. It's been cloudy & windy all day. The ship is lumbering along through the waves, and it's a pleasantly bumpy, shifting ride. We know we're on a ship, all right! :)

Too bad for missing the day; I would have gotten sun yesterday instead of "saving" it (!) for today's (missed) festivities!

However, I must admit to seeing a relative large group of CCers making the very most of the day by the aft Lido pool & hot tubs. Indeed, making lemonade out of lemons, although that's not what was being delivered from the bar! Tonight should be very entertaining!! ;) No names, not a single one(!) from moi. Although I feel confident some photos may crop up here & there...I couldn't bring myself to capture some of what I saw! Of course, there were a few bears thrown in to the mix, as well....Ooo la la! The innocent (hardly!) will be protected...at least, for the time being.

Plenty of extra time to make it to Ft. L. in the morning, so we'll unfortunately be loading the suitcases tonight...you know the drill.

Paul

less than thoroughly tanned, but never burnt...

Oh, Paul ... I was so afraid of that. We've had this front here all last night and today with very high winds. I really feared it would stretch to HMC. I even looked at the satillite images and it didn't look good.

Knowing this great group, you all had a wonderful time anyway. But when I think back to all the planning and plotting to get all the cabanas everyone wanted, it just makes me sad for you.

Well I always say a day at sea is a day at sea! How bad can it really be? Look forward to more stories when you're all safely home.

That is really is too bad that they could not make it to HMC but it is always something that has to be expected. If one makes it to the island then that is great. I remember our first time, it actually was surprising that they even took us over. The tender ride is not like one I had ever had or even have had since. It was definitely more thrilling than an "E" ticket ride at Disneyland:D

But like Paul said I am sure they all made lemons into lemonade or is that lemen drop martinis;)

What a Dam disappointment...

:(

A really DAM disappointment.

I must admit that I worried about the same thing on my Amsterdam cruise last week. I would have been heartbroken to have missed HMC ... especially since my cruising plans for the next couple of years won't involve stops there. HMC is special ... but it's a stop that unfortunately does have to be skipped on occasion. I'm just sorry that occasion had to be the Hallo-DAM-Weenies cruise. :(

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived