FLL Hotel Recommendation

Pusniski

I'm currently booked at Embassy Suites. It looks like we are going to try to come in Friday night and spend the entire Saturday in FLL - beach, sight seeing, etc. Is this property a good location for that still? I'm especially interested in relaxing on the beach more than anything and don't want to be walking a long distance to beach access. I'm hoping not to have to rent a car. If you have other suggestions for other properties that might suit our situation better - hey I'm all ears. I just don't want to be paying $400-$500 a night - KWIM? It's Memorial Day weekend to top the cake. :rolleyes: Not asking much am I?

I'm currently booked at Embassy Suites. It looks like we are going to try to come in Friday night and spend the entire Saturday in FLL - beach, sight seeing, etc. Is this property a good location for that still? I'm especially interested in relaxing on the beach more than anything and don't want to be walking a long distance to beach access.

The Embassy Suites is a fine hotel, while you can't walk out your door to the beach, you can hop on the Sun Trolley to the beach, sight seeing, shopping or dining. It runs every 15 minutes and a great deal for 50 cents.;)

http://www.suntrolley.com/bus_route-maps/convention.html

Bequia - thanks for the info - however, the map does not point out exactly where the trolley stops. Where do you go to catch the trolley from the Embassy Suites? Does it stop at Publix?

Hi:) no need to ride the Trolley to Publix. It is located

directly behind Embassy Suites in the New Harbour

Shops! You can walk to it without any problems:D

Bequia - thanks for the info - however, the map does not point out exactly where the trolley stops. Where do you go to catch the trolley from the Embassy Suites? Does it stop at Publix?

There's marked bus stops all along the route (don't know why they didn't designate them on the route map). I've seen people just flag the trolley down as well.

Thanks Lois and Bequia for posting - we can also ask at the front desk where to catch the trolley from the Embassy. I think we'll stay at the Embassy again as we like the location (across the street from a restaurant, close to Publix, not too far from Eckerd Drugstore, just down from the water taxi and now close to the trolley, plus you get a suite instead of a standard hotel room). Also, free port/airport shuttle, cocktail hour, and breakfast. It makes it really convenient and probably worth the extra $$!

Just an update as I called the Embassy Suites regarding airport transportation - the Embassy offers complimentary return airport transportation (from the hotel to the airport), but not from the airport to the hotel. Just an FYI to anyone else planning to stay there.

Thanks a million!

Just an update as I called the Embassy Suites regarding airport transportation - the Embassy offers complimentary return airport transportation (from the hotel to the airport), but not from the airport to the hotel. Just an FYI to anyone else planning to stay there.

Yep, I was on my toes on that one. ;) We just plan to grab a cab. I'm sure it can't be more than $20. We're also coming in very late at night so I'm sure traffic won't be a problem. :D

Bequia or Lois,

Can you give me some info on the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port? We booked the property one night pre-cruise one week from Friday (the 10th).

I have read some reviews that aren't so favorable, however, the price is right and I figure that it's only one night. I also like that they offer free shuttle to Port Everglades.

Is there anything in particular that we should be aware of? Are there other restaurants or bars in the area that we can check out the evening before our cruise?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

however, the price is right and I figure that it's only one night. I also like that they offer free shuttle to Port Everglades.

The price is right, it's just for a night, go for it. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

We too are booked into Comfort Suites Airport.Cruiseport.

Read the reviews but "the price is right, its for one night" so we went for it.

Question is: we have read about the proximity of Amerisuites and Embassy Suites to the shopping center with Publix etc. so how far is Comfort Suites from the same shopping center? Seems like it is pretty close.

The price is right, it's just for a night, go for it. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

Thanks, Bequia

Have stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach among others when we have had longer stays in Ft. Lauderdale. We were able to get Comfort Suites for about $70 so it was too good to pass up.

One of my most favorite places is just across the street. Perfect for a laid back, Key West vibe, meal. It's ERNIE'S BBQ at 1843 S. Federal. Famous for their conch chowder and bimini bread. Good burgers, etc, big portions.

Archived