Dancing on the Millenium

traveller750

Howdy traveller750!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum! 04.gif

Thank you so very much for your post concerning dancing on Celebrity's Millennium. However, you have posted on the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information for using Cruise Critic's software. It is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic here. 05.gif

Per our Guidelines and to help you out, I am moving your thread to the Celebrity Cruises Forum where it will be on topic. The new location for your thread is where your fellow Cruise Critic members will be able to help you.

Also, I suggest you read FAQ and Guidelines on the blue bar above. Especially the "Getting Started" section in FAQ. That's where you will see how a new topic should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. Click here for the list of all the Cruise Critic forums: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php and be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky threads at the top of the various forums for additional information too.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

Traveller...welcome to our Boards. I think you may find a dance host on board assuming you are talking about ballroom dancing. he will be a typically older (50s/60s) gentleman whose role is to dance with those women who want to dance but who ahve no willing partner. You probably will want to introduce yourself to him and let him know you'd like to dance. He is cautioned not to let one person dominate his time however.

You might also need to be aware of guys you see dancing and try to discern if it would be appropriate for you to engage the couple... asking perhaps if the partner doesn't mind, you would love to dance with the gentleman. This may upset the couple or maybe not. I dance with my wife in many venues. Occasionally another gentleman may ask her to dance which we may accept. I on the other hand have never been asked to dance by a woman and not sure how I'd react. The bottom line is that courtesy would dictate that whether one is asking a male or female to dance, if that person is with a partner, the partner should be included in the decision.

My girlfriend and I are travelling on the Novermber 24th sailing of the Millenium. I love to dance but since I don't have a partner I was wondering if there would be available men to dance with.

We have done several cruises on ML..it's really our favourite size ship...and we love to get the chance to dance usually at the Rendezvous lounge just outside the lower deck of the dining restaurant. We have always had dance hosts working the Transatlantics which is the type cruise you must be taking as it leaves directly after our Nov 10th cruise, Venice to Barcelona.

We have always been friendly with the dance hosts who accommodate those ladies who like to dance but have either no partner or an unwilling dance partner.These guys are excellent..never idle and not pushy but try to give a good service by dancing every dance with those willing to get up.

There was talk on this subject before about the plan (if true) that Celebrity was considering ending this facility aboard..I hope not ! Celebrity would sell fewer drinks in the lounge, those PAX who book because this service exists would soon shift their bookings to Cunard for example, who employ at least 6 dance hosts!

Archived