Water Shoes

We always pack water shoes. You can get them at your local WalMart/Target store for $5-$7 dollars where they will be $20 on the ship. You will need them in the water at CocoCay if you do not like stepping on small rocks while in the ocean.

Tim

Ok might sound tacky but I use my old keds as water shoes. I am not cheap I just find them more comfy.

That's what we always wore swimming when I was a child living in Bermuda in the 50's, only we called them tennis shoes or sneakers back then. When they got too worn for PE class at school, we wore them swimming. We never swam barefoot at a beach or off a pier.:p

For my next trip, though, I have a new pair of Crocs.

my local target did not have any in stock recently when i shopped for some new one--got some perfectly acceptable ones from dick's sporting goods on line for $9.99 and free shipping. agree, get them someplace affordable and bring them rather than buy them there.

as for keds, i was always a converse all stars kind of guy back in the day. and agree, that would be pretty cool if i still had a ratty old pair to use them for such purpose.

We just got back this past weekend...we wore sandles, but it is very rocky in the water....water shoes would be a good Idea...JMO...also be careful walking around the beach area...there is some grassy areas with stickers...ouch!!! Found that out the hard way! :(

Beautiful Island tho...be sure you have on shoes to do the nature trail...:)

Ok might sound tacky but I use my old keds as water shoes. I am not cheap I just find them more comfy.
Added bonus: you could just throw away the old shoes at the end of the cruise!

For those who like "real" water shoes, I saw them on clearance for $2 at Walmart a few days ago.

I wear flip-flops to the beach and pool. Of course, I don't wear them IN the pool--that looks stupid!!! If you plan on being in the water at Coco Cay, there is some coral which can be sharp, so unless you are floating above it, shoes would be a good idea. (We don't really do much more than "sun", so it doesn't affect us one way or the other!)

Do you all pack water shoes or do you just wear sandles to Coco Cay beach and pool area?

I pack the water shoes. I'm always on the look out for clearance at the Walmart, Target,Academy, etc. for water shoes. I do not pay more than $5 for a pair. After we use them on our cruise and the last port stop that we have a beach day, I throw them away.:D That way you do not have to repack with the sand getting everywhere. And for those of you that have been there; done that; you know what I mean. After a beach day, you cannot get all the sand out of those water shoes:eek:

Cruizinmimi

We always take a larger ziplock bag and place them in so the sand does not get on anything else and the moisture (should they still be wet) will stay in there as well.

Erin I am sure the Crocs work good on the beach but what about in the water?

Tim & Crystal

Cruizinmimi

We always take a larger ziplock bag and place them in so the sand does not get on anything else and the moisture (should they still be wet) will stay in there as well.

Erin I am sure the Crocs work good on the beach but what about in the water?

Tim & Crystal

Good point. DH wore his in the water when we went swimming in Barbados. Amazingly, they were both on his feet when we were done. I, however, wouldn't recommend swimming with them on.

My husband just got some water shoes that look like sneakers from Lands End Clearance online. They were only $20 and look like sneakers, but they are made to go in the water too. They were listed under water shoes. They seem to be pretty neat.

I have Crocks, but if I go swimming, I think I will wear my regular water shoes.

Katie

Archived