Laundry Service on the Explorer?

Pickles61

I’m leaving on the Explorer this Friday :) and trying to pack for myself and 2 kids. On Carnival and NCL they have a laundry special where they will do a “bag” of laundry for $15- $20 per bag, they give you the bag. Does anyone know if the Explorer has a special like this and if they do which day it is and how much is it? If I knew I could get bag of clothes done I’d worry less about running out of clothes. I know they do laundry by per piece but that would get very expensive.

Thanks

I was on EXPLORER last MARCH with my son and I do not remember a LAUNDRY bag day---- I did use the service by the piece and found it to be pretty reasonable and remember thinking I would pack less next time and use the service twice---

I believe you can find a price list for EXPLORER over on www.CRUISECLUES and then click on EXPLORER and look throught the photo albums---

Remember your time is worth money too and not doing your own laundry on vacation is nice----ENJOY

I’m leaving on the Explorer this Friday :) and trying to pack for myself and 2 kids. On Carnival and NCL they have a laundry special where they will do a “bag” of laundry for $15- $20 per bag, they give you the bag. Does anyone know if the Explorer has a special like this and if they do which day it is and how much is it? If I knew I could get bag of clothes done I’d worry less about running out of clothes. I know they do laundry by per piece but that would get very expensive.

Thanks

Haven't seen that on three cruises, or heard anyone talk of it before on CC, so I'm betting they don't have it.

There is no "bulk" laundry on any RCI ship. You may send stuff to be laundered or dry-cleaned, but it's on a per item rate scale. You can also send stuff to be pressed--it's 1/2 the price of dry cleaning. No self-service at all, unless you count the bathroom sink!!!!!

Thanks everyone. I kinda thought they didn't have laundry by the bag since I didn't read it anyplace. On NCL they had a bag (it was small but I got a lot into in) of laundry for $20.00 - they washed and ironed the clothes. This was the only time most of the clothes every saw an iron :o , I was hoping maybe RCCL started doing this. I guess I'll just have to pack a lot of clothes.

Archived