Can I take my own coffee pot?

kittikat

Will be going on the Grand in December and was wondering if there are any restrictions to keep me from taking my own coffee pot? I always take it with me to Vegas so know it is okay with the airlines and hotels there.

Some people do however now they even publish in the Patter on day 2 that they do not want you hooking up anything such as a curling iron, and iron or an electrical appliance that can boil water.

Tony

Some people do however now they even publish in the Patter on day 2 that they do not want you hooking up anything such as a curling iron, and iron or an electrical appliance that can boil water.

Tony

Where in the world did you see a patter that says no curling irons? Did you make one too many trips to the bar before reading it. (joking) LOL

What they announced recently on the CB was that no electical appliance without a thermostat was allowed to be used on in the ships cabins.

If your coffee pot is a one cup at a time that has an auto shut off with no warming plate, you will be fine!

Where in the world did you see a patter that says no curling irons? Did you make one too many trips to the bar before reading it. (joking) LOL

What they announced recently on the CB was that no electical appliance without a thermostat was allowed to be used on in the ships cabins.

If your coffee pot is a one cup at a time that has an auto shut off with no warming plate, you will be fine!

Hey Toto before you trip over your Red Pumps...Yes it's printed in the Patter on Day 2 and actually on the front page here on the Golden Princess. Please don't make me go upstairs and look for it and come back down? I remember seeing the examples they gave and a curling iron was one mentioned believed it or not.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Well, I can guarantee you that at least one out of every two cabins that a woman is booked in will have a curling iron. I honestly wonder if that is a misprint as if it were true, the women on this board would have been jumping up and down by now.

I can see it now. The beauty shop is full and it is formal night and hundreds of women going to dinner after swimming all day with their hair sticking out like they were scared to death in their gowns and formal outfits.

Honestly, I have not heard a word about this before on any cruise, or even read a post about it. There is no way they will enforce a rule of no curling irons, trust me.

Well, I can guarantee you that at least one out of every two cabins that a woman is booked in will have a curling iron. I honestly wonder if that is a misprint as if it were true, the women on this board would have been jumping up and down by now.

I can see it now. The beauty shop is full and it is formal night and hundreds of women going to dinner after swimming all day with their hair sticking out like they were scared to death in their gowns and formal outfits.

Honestly, I have not heard a word about this before on any cruise, or even read a post about it. There is no way they will enforce a rule of no curling irons, trust me.

Toto...when do people actually listen to the "rules"...they just do what they want anyway all the time.

I will remember today to get that Patter from Day 2 and post word for word what they wrote for you.

Tony

Oh Tony, I honestly believe you. All I am saying is that I have not heard of this before anywhere on any cruise line.

I know the passenger contract says it restricts 'heating devices' which takes in a broad range of items, and would include anything from curling irons to hot rollers, heck, even clothes steamers would be a heating device if you get right down to it.

I just can't believe that they would think they are going to stop a woman from taking a curling iron on vacation. That is unbelievable! ::::shock::::

Oh Tony, I honestly believe you. All I am saying is that I have not heard of this before anywhere on any cruise line.

I know the passenger contract says it restricts 'heating devices' which takes in a broad range of items, and would include anything from curling irons to hot rollers, heck, even clothes steamers would be a heating device if you get right down to it.

I just can't believe that they would think they are going to stop a woman from taking a curling iron on vacation. That is unbelievable! ::::shock::::

I think (IMHO) taht ever since the Star fire they are overly cautious and I guess tehy should be vigilent but common sense as a curling iron...I agree!...does that then apply to "Hot Rollers" machines?...heheeee

Tony

Wait until tomorrow morning when the board becomes more active and others read this thread. I can see it now, hundreds of women totally freaking out thinking they have to leave their curling irons and hot rollers at home. OMG! This could get very scarey! But then again, for Halloween, it couldn't be more appropriate. LOL Even worse, hundreds of women going out for a very short haircut before their cruise just to find out when they board that all the other women onboard brought their curling irons.

What's next? Removal of the hair dryers from each stateroom? Guess I will then be destined to get a full suite on every cruise so that I can have all my meals in the cabin and only leave when I am going ashore with a huge hat on my head. ROFL

I always bring a little 4-cup Mr. Coffee and leave it for the cabin steward as a little gift at the end of the cruise. They seem to really appreciate it and I get my coffee fix every morning.

We do that exact same thing on every cruise! But I am beginning to wonder if they aren't going to start policeing this. Guess time will tell, will let you know next month after we return from the Sea Princess. :eek:

We just got back from the Caribbean Princess and I took my coffee maker. Toto is right about how it was worded in the Patters. And if we took the patters real seriously, the woman would not be wearing short sleeves or sleeveless on formal nights either cause it says so in the patters.

We do that exact same thing on every cruise! But I am beginning to wonder if they aren't going to start policeing this. Guess time will tell, will let you know next month after we return from the Sea Princess. :eek:

Yes I can just see it now...Balcony watch for fires and Coffee Pot watch for the cabins!:rolleyes:

Tony

We bring hairstraighteners and blow dryers. And next time I am bringing my coffee maker.

If they don't wan't people to make coffe in the cabins, they ought to consider providing something that most of us would drink.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY CORRECT!!!!!!! Let's say it again and again until they make something that is closer to coffee than that ....whatever it is they serve!!!!!!!:mad:

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY CORRECT!!!!!!! Let's say it again and again until they make something that is closer to coffee than that ....whatever it is they serve!!!!!!!:mad:

I call it "Driveway Sealer".....:mad:

Tony

I bring a lexan coffee press. Its small, requires no power, just your favorite coffee grounds and hot water from room service or the buffet in the morning. Nothing beats coffee from a press.

Agreed! There is also one out there in stainless steel made by Nissan (Thermos) which will keep the coffee hot for ages. I have used one of those camping for years. It has a few dents, but cannot be broken.:D

Dan

I can see it now.

Here's your cruise card. And oh by the way do you have any unauthorized electrical applicances in your luggage? :p

I guess we should all take it seriously but we all want our stuff no matter what. I guess if you do bring aboard a coffee pot, curling iron or hot roll curlers just make sure the appliance has an auto shutoff. And just in case always unplug them when you finish using them.

The alternative is for the cruiseline to furnish these items like they do hair dryers (I know many pax don't like them) and irons in the laundry room.

So the real issue comes down to if Princess had better coffee and not that syrup we wouldn't want to bring on a coffee pot.

--Denise

Now, I wonder for those who are going to post that they don't care what Princess says about not having certain items in a cabin due to stricter fire regulations would say about the subject if they had been in the middle of the fire on the Star?

Please don't jump all over me for my opinions......

I love my 2 big mugs of freshly ground coffee every morning, but, if the new fire regulations call for no coffee pots in the cabins then I will be drinking their "coffee" for the duration of my cruise and will happily deal with it.

I know I look at the situation a bit differently but to not go through ever again what we did, I for one will be playing by the "rules" and only hope that those who are cruising with me do the same so someone doesn't cause that kind of situation all over again.

If it is, are they going to confiscate cigarettes and cigars since it is being proported that was the cause of the Star fire? Last time I checked it wasn't a coffee maker, curling or any electrical device responsible. I do not mean to minimize those affected by the Star fire, you were traumatized, but it wasn't because of coffee makers.

Will wearing a bag over my head to the dining room on formal night render me improperly dressed? Cause thats what I will be wearing unless I have my curling iron!!!

Karen

I think (IMHO) taht ever since the Star fire they are overly cautious and I guess tehy should be vigilent but common sense as a curling iron...I agree!...does that then apply to "Hot Rollers" machines?...heheeee

Tony

Archived