where to buy wine near Port Everglades?

jw01

There are two really good places to buy wine very near Port Everglades. We have used both several times. Both are on 17th Street which is two (long) blocks from one port entrance. On the north side of 17th is a fairly big shopping center with a PUBLIX grocery store almost in the center. This PUBLIX is one of the best places to buy wines that we have found. The prices at this store are attractive enough that on couple of occasions I have purchased an extra case of wine which I took back to the airplane and stored in the baggage compartment until we reurned from our cruise.

The second place is a wine and liquor store which is also in this same shopping center but on the west end. Even though I can't rememberthe name of this liquor store they have an excellent selection of wine as well as the high octane beverages.

We always bring half a dozen bottles of wine or so with us. We do this not because we're cheapskates but because the ships (Holland America and Princess) don't have a great selection of our favorite wines. There is a corkage fee at least on paper if one brings one's own wine to the dining room. We have never been charged this fee but only on one occasion have we brought a bottle with us.

Hope this info is helpful. Hsve a great day and enjoy your cruise. We will be sailing from Port Everglades on December 3rd aboard the MS Volendam.

Archived