Worth $500/person to go earlier?

I've pretty much decided on the Celebrity Millie 14 night cruise. I'm just trying to decide between a 10-7-07 sailing and a 11-4-07 sailing. The difference is $500/person and there are two of us. Which should I pick?

Thanks!

A thousand dollars is a nice savings but there is a trade off with waiting - I would probably choose the earlier date for the warmer temperatures and longer daylight hours. (Sunsets will be about 1 1/2 hour earlier in November - depending on the port, from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. in mid October to as early as 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. in mid November.)

We went during the last two weeks of September last year and enjoyed being able to wear summer clothes in most ports, and swimming in Santorini and Mykonos.

I just had a look at the itinerary ... very nice!! And forgot to mention that we loved our Millennium cruise:)

we chose the October 7 sailing becasue of the weather. By late October, the rainfall increases significantly. Given the nature of the vacation we thought it better to spend the xtra money rather than risking the weather dampening this special vacation.Jerry

For me, I would choose the later date and save the money. We've been to the Med several times so rain would not ruin our vacation. Actually, it might make for a more interesting experience. Also, the tourist crowds should be a lot less on the later date.

I would save the money. I think the weather will still be ok.

We are cruising end of October 2007. I figure fewer tourists and a little rain/cooler temps. doesn't bother me.

When we did the Med. in May we were commenting we were going to see the tourists in port, there were tons of them and it was only mid-May. Not sure if early Oct. is the same.

I've checked historic weather on our route though (our last port call is Nov. 3rd) and no rain. I'll take an umbrella just in case.

If you want to check weather details for the past few years, this site is very good: http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/WLGSR.html

You should be able to check it for almost every port you will be visiting. Historical data is on the left side, under "History & Almanac" where you can enter any date for the previous 10 years.

To find data for other cities, countries, etc., type the name in the space in the top left corner.

Archived