Ordering room service from dining room menu

samtig

I'm a first time RCL cruiser in Dec. I've read on cc that we can order the same food being offered in the dining room from room service (with the exception of lobster and steak). Are you provided a copy of the nightly menu in your cabin to use to order service? Thanks!

On a recent RCI cruise, (Voyager OTS Transatlantic repo Miami-Barcelona) the evening room service menu was drastically cut, offering only cold items available after a certain time (I think it was 9pm) so no late night pizza or hotdogs before bed! You could still get pizza, sandwiches etc at the coffee station in the main shopping area of the ship until about 3am.

You will be able to request an evening menu from your stateroom attendant, as they are NOT provided as a matter of course, but I would also advise you check out the menu board outside the main restaurant each afternoon, just in case of hiccups with the delivery of the menu. At least you'll have a fighting chance if you've seen the menu.

I suspect you CAN still order main dining room items to be delivered while the dining room is serving, but be careful if you get the munchies later!

One other major fault with the late room service menu was the constant shortage of items on the menu. The Tuna Wrap was on the menu, but every time I tried to order one, the phone would ring a few minutes later to tell me they had run out yet again, and would I like a choc chip cookie instead.......Duh! If I wanted a choc chip cookie.....etc.

On the up side, the service (when the grub was available) was excellent. Fast and courteous.

Had a similar problem on Freedom. DS wanted french fries with his lunch. Every time I called room service they said FF weren't available. There were piles of them up in the Windjammer but never any in room service. Go figure. I finally went upstairs, filled a plate, covered it with another plate and brought it back to the cabin for him.

I ordered room service pizza on Freedom recently after midnight. Also, one night (the cozumel day) we were too hung over to go to the dining room so we ordered room service. It was after 9:00 and we got steaks. Just ask them what they have available for dinner that night when you call.

I had a room service steak on Navigator recently and it was better than the steak I'd had in the main dining room days earlier. Dinner on the blacony pulling out of Nassau - sipping champaign on the last night of the cruise - not a bad way to end a great trip!

On the Mariner of the Seas the items you can order from are on the TV RCI channel. The items available are not the full menu you could select from if you went to the dining room. Certain items from the dining room menu are in the Windjammer also. I don't remeber if it's the same items from the TV menu.

If I had to guess, Cozumel will be the night we order from room service too! We've started a routine of going to Paradise Beach & Panchos Backyard. Where did you go in Cozumel? Thanks for the info.

Sorry I missed this last night. We ended Cozumel with Carlos and Charlies. :D Enjoy your cruise!

Had a similar problem on Freedom. DS wanted french fries with his lunch. Every time I called room service they said FF weren't available. There were piles of them up in the Windjammer but never any in room service. Go figure. I finally went upstairs, filled a plate, covered it with another plate and brought it back to the cabin for him.

aw you are nice Mom Lori !

Mic;)

I had a room service steak on Navigator recently and it was better than the steak I'd had in the main dining room days earlier. Dinner on the blacony pulling out of Nassau - sipping champaign on the last night of the cruise - not a bad way to end a great trip!

ah sounds wonderful !

Mic

If I had to guess, Cozumel will be the night we order from room service too! We've started a routine of going to Paradise Beach & Panchos Backyard. Where did you go in Cozumel? Thanks for the info.

What is Panchos Backyard ?

We ended up doing room service on our last (so far only) cruise after a fun day at Paradise Beach too.

Mic

Archived