Good / Cheap Hotel near Port Canaveral

New@Cruisin

Hi,

We'll be crusing on the Glory on December 30 and will be flying to Orlando the day before. I thought we could sleep near the port so we can get on the ship early the next day. Anybody has done this and has hotels to recommend for our party of 4 (2 adults and 2 teens) for a clean, affordable room ? Thanks !

We have cruised out of Port Canaveral two times and we have stayed at the Radisson in Port Canaveral both times. They have very nice rooms and they offer a special with a shuttle and parking for the time you are gone. The hotel is close enough to see the port and the ships and the pool is absolutely breath taking. The cruise special they have includes a hot breakfast which we thought was very good. Just make sure to schedule your shuttle time as soon as you check in to make sure you get over to the port when you want.

radisson resort at the port www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl is a great place to stay. not the cheapest, but i'd recommend it if you can do it. it does offer AAA discounts. one mile from the port. if you rent from budget, you can drive yourself to cape canaveral for far less than it wld cost for transportation. then drop the rental car back at the budget office which is 2 blocks away from the hotel, and they will give you complimetary transportation to the pier.

We're on the Glory with you! Are doing just what truecruiser said. We are staying at the Radisson the night before for several reasons: can drop rental car off, while my sister can leave her car parked there for free (she lives in FL). Free shuttle to ship, so no worries/hurry the morning of. Also, it's like starting our vacation a day early - there are great restaurants at the Port!

It's not the cheapest but it will really put you in cruise mode:D They also offer a government/military rate that's not too bad if you qualify. Their pool area is great as is the bar and restaurant. There is also a really neat Italian restaurant within walking distance.

don't bother getting the cruise package if you're not driving from home. you won't need to leave your car there for a week. just book a night like you wld any other hotel, and budget will take you there when you drop off the car. the hotel is only one mile from the port, and budget's only 2 blocks from the hotel so it's very easy.

I am staying at the Raddison on November 15th for the November 16th Sensation cruise out of Port Canaveral.

We are paying 125.00 a night for a room. From what I have seen the place is absolutly breath taking. I intend on photographing parts of the hotel if you would like I could share with you when I return!!!

I am so excited....

my official 10 day countdown starts TOMORROW!!!

Heather

Thank you all for the quick replies. We'll by flying in from Montreal, Canada ! Thanks also for the tip on renting a car. I'll look into all of this. Just can't wait ...

Hi New@ Cruisin! I'm on the Glory with you as well. AND come from Montreal!:D We are driving down and staying at the Radisson at the port. Look forward to seeing you onboard!

Linda

I think someone already mentioned this, but I will too...if you stay at the Radisson make sure you call the hotel as early as possible to reserve a shuttle time. The day we sail there are, I think, three other ships in port, and the hotel is going to be packed. We have reservations for the 10:30 shuttle so we don't have to wait on line at the hotel, etc. They told me that there is another Carnival (Glory, i think?), Disney Magic, and an RCCL (not sure exactly).

I am staying at the Raddison on November 15th for the November 16th Sensation cruise out of Port Canaveral.

We are paying 125.00 a night for a room. From what I have seen the place is absolutly breath taking. I intend on photographing parts of the hotel if you would like I could share with you when I return!!!

I am so excited....

my official 10 day countdown starts TOMORROW!!!

Heather

I wouldn't say it's breathtaking, but it is a tropical looking hotel. We stayed last year and will be there this Friday night, but we will not use the shuttle again. Too much hassle and we had a bad experience last year with the guy loading the vans. He lied repeatedly to us about where the shuttle van was and when we were getting on. Being on Fantasy we weren't a large enough group for him to care (3 couples), but the the RCL ship he bent over backwards to get them all out because there were so many of them. He wasn't exactly rude to our face, but kind of passive aggressive and gave us a load of BS about the whole situation. We stood there for over 1/2 hour longer than we should have with him not giving us satisfactory answers for why. We could have driven there and back about 3-4 times during that. He had the gall to tell us it was "traffic" making the van late. There was no traffic on Sunday morning. We are generous tippers, but he got nothing. But, as previous posters have said, it puts your in the cruise mode. We enjoyed the pool and tiki bar while we were there.

Hey Zazoo,

I saw in your profile that you're from Pointe-Claire. We're from Vaudreuil. Wow, what a coincidence. Etes-vous des francophones aussi ? Any teens in your party? I'll have my 2 boys, 12 and 15. It will be their first cruise. We're all soooooooooooo excited !!!

Just be forewarned that even if you have a scheduled time for the shuttle you need to be aggressive. There is usually a crowd of people waiting and when the guy pulls up people just start pushing there way into the van even if they don't have a time reserved or they may be on a later shuttle. It was chaos and there was no one out at the shuttle but the driver and he was busy loading luggage.

At least that was the case when I stayed there.

Bill

Wow, thanks for the tip. I'll be ready to fight anybody who wants to go before me ! The hotel wrote me back saying that the first shuttle that morning was at 11:00 only ... You mentioned a 10:30 shuttle. She didn't say it was full just that the first one was at 11:00. Strange ! Anyway, we're booked on this one and now, I'll start practicing my boxing moves ;) !!!

Thankfully we are not going to be utilizing the van... we decided to park our car at the port... save us the time and hassle! :)

are you still staying at the Radisson? They will let you park there for free while you are on the cruise. Drop everybody off at the port, bring the car back and park it and hop on the shuttle. I'm cheap so I always look to save every penny I can.:)

Bill

are you still staying at the Radisson? They will let you park there for free while you are on the cruise. Drop everybody off at the port, bring the car back and park it and hop on the shuttle. I'm cheap so I always look to save every penny I can.:)

Bill

As I said earlier, we're staying at the Radisson and parking at the pier. "Jumping on the shuttle" just isn't worth the hassle. $84 to park at the pier for a week really isnt that much. Our time is worth that. Especially when I hear some posters bar tabs are a lot more than that.

And as for the shuttle times, we were told that 11:30 was the earliest shuttle to the Fantasy, except 11:30 really meant after 12. Just a pain to deal with.

I have a reservation at the Country Inns, still thinking of switching to the BW, but if we stay at the Country Inns we could leave our car there and take the shuttle but after reading these posts it sounds like the shuttles can be a bit of a hassle, especially if you want to get to the port early.

Are there taxis available to take? What would be the cost for a taxi? I'm thinking if we took a taxi we could get to the port anytime we wanted without having to "take a number" for the hotel shuttle.

I would also like to find out the cost of a taxi. I'm staying at the Four Points, and parking (free) at the Radisson. With the stories about the shuttle, I'm considering just taking a cab to the port. If I take a cab to the port, can I still take the shuttle back when we disembark?

I would also like to find out the cost of a taxi. I'm staying at the Four Points, and parking (free) at the Radisson. With the stories about the shuttle, I'm considering just taking a cab to the port. If I take a cab to the port, can I still take the shuttle back when we disembark?

I wouldn't imagine a taxi costing more than $10-$15.00. It's only a mile or so to the port from where the Radisson and Residence Inn are. I'm sure someone at the hotel you are staying at would call you a cab or at minimum give you the number.

yes you can still take the shuttle back.

Bill

Archived