Price Dropped for Seniors Today

virginiab

I have been regularly checking prices for our Dec 10 Victory cruise and found the senior discount price had dropped $50 pp, for a total of $200 pp off the regular prices. So if you are cruising soon, and someone in your cabin is 55 or older, try code PSE and see if it applies to your cruise.

I just got $100 per cabin credits for my mother and for my sister.

Virginia, a happy cruise shopper

PS -- for those who think you should wait until the very end to book, note that our cabin for this cruise also dropped in price -- to exactly what we paid as an early-bird price last January....

I have found that it sometimes pays to check prices. For example, I noticed that prices had gone down for our Xmas cruise on the Liberty so I called Carnival yesterday and now have a $130 on board credit for each of us.

what are the amounts of the total discounts? Like

1) senior discount

2) repeat cruiser discount

3)military discount

Wondering because usually they only let you have one discount so in a year and half my husband will qualify for the senior discount..right now we qualify for #2 and #3 discounts.:D

I have been regularly checking prices for our Dec 10 Victory cruise and found the senior discount price had dropped $50 pp, for a total of $200 pp off the regular prices. So if you are cruising soon, and someone in your cabin is 55 or older, try code PSE and see if it applies to your cruise.

I just got $100 per cabin credits for my mother and for my sister.

Virginia, a happy cruise shopper

PS -- for those who think you should wait until the very end to book, note that our cabin for this cruise also dropped in price -- to exactly what we paid as an early-bird price last January....

Where would you enter the code?

what are the amounts of the total discounts? Like

1) senior discount

2) repeat cruiser discount

3)military discount

Wondering because usually they only let you have one discount so in a year and half my husband will qualify for the senior discount..right now we qualify for #2 and #3 discounts.:D

we get an interline (airline employee) discount, it's the same as military disount. The % of discount varies, time of year etc.

I think it is great that you all are getting discounts. Our cruise keeps going up in price (it did go down over a year ago when we booked and we got that discount! Yippeeeee) So I thought I would try the Senior discount (my mom is 76) but when I tried all it shows that is available on my sailing is suites and interior rooms. Oh well, guess I got all the discounts available months ago. :o

I have found that it sometimes pays to check prices. For example, I noticed that prices had gone down for our Xmas cruise on the Liberty so I called Carnival yesterday and now have a $130 on board credit for each of us.

Did you get a credit after your final payment date? Because I saw that the prices for my cruise dropped and i called my PVP but i was told that i could not get a refund or obc because I was already in the penalty period.

Did you get a credit after your final payment date? Because I saw that the prices for my cruise dropped and i called my PVP but i was told that i could not get a refund or obc because I was already in the penalty period.

I called carnival last week because the military rate dropped and we had already made final payment. Rather than give us OBC, they upgraded us from an inside guarantee to an Ocean view assigned room.

My advice would be to try again. Don't call your PVP, rather, call the 1-888-Carnival number and let one of the customer service reps help you. That's what I did and had no problem getting the reduction/upgrade.

Good luck!

My sister got one price drop after the final payment date, and then got another yesterday. She had to call back and talk to a different person to get the first one. And I called for her on the one yesterday and had to talk to a supervisor.

Keep trying to get a good PVP & he/her will do the talking to the supervisor in your behalf. I have gotten all price drops before & after final payment plus an upgrade from a CAT.4A to a 6D. My PVP is GREAT.....people_34.gifHe is always looking to save me money!!!!

You should have my PVP. 5 prices drops all within the 60 day window. 3 refunds to credit card and 2 on-board credits. No questions asked.:D

You should have my PVP. 5 prices drops all within the 60 day window. 3 refunds to credit card and 2 on-board credits. No questions asked.:D

Are you allowed to give the name of your PVP on this site? Because i would love to change mine ... We have booked 5 cruises with her and the one that i have booked now had a price decrease that would have saved us $540... when i call and she looked at my booking ...she did not even mention that there was a reduction and then when i mentioned it she told me that i could not get a refund or obc because i was already within the 60 day period. Which i understand the logic behind it because if Carnival were to give everyone the lowest price they would not make money...but then i read about all these people on this board getting credit with the 60 day period and i wonder if it applies to other people why not me?

If that price decrease for your cruise is still showing up, and your PVP won't give it to you, try calling after regular business hours and talking to the regular (non-PVP) sales reps. At that hour, your PVP won't be available so they won't be tempted to transfer you to the PVP.

Sometimes you have to shop around for someone cooperative. Just stay friendly and keep trying!

iluvcruisingtoo:

It was not even my PVP. Her voice mail said that she is out of the office for two weeks so I called the regular line. I explained to the rep who answered that I knew I could not get a refund since it is after final payment, and asked if they could give us on board credit or upgrade us further. The rep put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back saying that we would get the $360 OBC. I got an email confirming it a few hours later.

Archived