Solo over the holidays

UofMGoBlue

I have been reading these boards for about a year now and finally decided to take the plunge and sign up! Thanks for the great posts from everyone. I have learned a lot.

I will be taking my second solo cruise on the Constellation this coming January. :) My first cruise (also solo) was last January also on the Connie. I'm hooked!

To keep from going stir crazy until January comes along, I have been searching for cruises for the winter of 2007/2008. I found a couple over Xmas and New Years that look great, but I'm hesitant to travel over the holidays. I don't mind the kids, but I'm worried that the atmosphere is too family oriented for a solo like me.

I would love to hear from all you solo cruisers out there. Have any of you ever traveled solo over the holidays and would you recommend it?

Thanx!

Depending on the cruise line, it really is very family and couple oriented at Christmas. If you stick to a line other than Princess, Celebrity and HAL, there might be more singles, but it really is kid/family time. Even on Crystal, a line not known for catering to families and kids, they tend to have nearly 100 kids on board, and that's alot for a ship that only carries 940 passengers. I would suggest either Carnival or RCCI if you want a few more singles at holiday time.

Hi,:) I am sailing Dec 17th and I am always going solo.

I will let you know how things went upon my return:)

I sailed Constellation a couple of years ago. I loved it. Hope

you have a great time too.

Hi Darcie:)

Oh....Definitely...GO BLUE:D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived