Radiance Class - Cabin 9032?

ladylawyer

I could kick myself for not checking this out, when I was on the Radiance last September ... DH and I are on the Brilliance, for a 12-night Med cruise, next year. We have Cabin 9032, which appears to have sort of a triangular-shaped balcony. Has anyone been in this cabin (or it's starboard-side counterpart, 9532), in any of the Radiance-class ships? If so, is the balcony smaller than the other E1s, on that deck? It looks like it would accommodate a lounge chair and a regular chair???? I'm trying to decide if I should keep it or change to a more conventional balcony. Thanks, so much!!! ~ LL

Hello Lady Lawyer~~

I don't have an answer for your question about the 9032 balcony, but I would be very interested in hearing the answer from someone who had that stateroom or perhaps one of the rooms just aft of it.

As soon as I saw your post, I went combing through my photo library searching in vain for a photo of that balcony. One of the times we sailed on the Serenade of the Seas, we did a back to back cruise. During that limbo time in the morning when everyone was disembarking, we took our camera and went on a tour of a few staterooms on the ship. I am kicking myself for not taking more photos.

I cannot remember what stateroom I was in when I stepped out on the balcony and looked over at another balcony that was indeed a triangle and disappointingly small. I made a quick mental note to never, never book a "triangle balcony". It was stupid tiny.

I am not at all a gambler. If I were in your position, I would wait a few days hoping for a far more concrete response than mine, and then if I heard nothing, I would change my stateroom assignment. I would rather rest easy knowing that my trip to the Med didn't have any bad surprises than to wonder and hope that the balcony was actually bigger than normal, which I suppose it could be.

I hope someone else responds to this thread; in the meanwhile, have you posted also on the Cabin Tips board (or whatever it is called?)

Good Luck~~

Leslie

Lorna,

Don't have a clue about your balcony. I am happy that you are alive and writing. We haven't heard from you on our roll call for a while--so thought you might have died and gone to heaven. Welcome back!----Nancy

Nancy, rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated! :p Actually, I've been in court almost daily, since my return from the Freedom, and the rest of the time I'm trying to catch up or get ready. Thanks for your concerns, though.

Leslie, OK, now I'm freaked out. I will post this on the other board. Thanks for the recommendation. It hadn't occurred to me.

Anyone have an answer to my question, here? TIA!!! ~ L

I could kick myself for not checking this out, when I was on the Radiance last September ... DH and I are on the Brilliance, for a 12-night Med cruise, next year. We have Cabin 9032, which appears to have sort of a triangular-shaped balcony. Has anyone been in this cabin (or it's starboard-side counterpart, 9532), in any of the Radiance-class ships? If so, is the balcony smaller than the other E1s, on that deck? It looks like it would accommodate a lounge chair and a regular chair???? I'm trying to decide if I should keep it or change to a more conventional balcony. Thanks, so much!!! ~ LL

When I booked my next voyage on Radiance I looked at one of those balconies with my TA. According to my TA, for what that is worth, that balcony has the same square footage as the other E1s but due to its shape has less usable space. We ended up with the middle of the hump instead.

I think that if you are planning on using the balcony I would look into moving.

Archived