corkage fees ???

dodygirl

Does anyone know for certain if RC charges a corkage fee for wine that is sent on in gift baskets if you bring them to the dining room ? Is is a one time fee or for every bottle as I know that the gift basket people have to pay RC for allowing it on the ship ? If anyone can shed some light it would be appreciated.. Thanks :)

Here's how I understand it. ........ If you order from gifts and gear and have it sent to your room you have to consume it in your room.

If you have it sent to the dining room, no corkage fee is charged.

If you carry a bottle of wine from your room into the dining room then you will be charged a $25.00 corkage fee.

Happy cruising.

I don't know if you can have a basket delivered to the dining room. I think all baskets are delivered to the cabin. Gifts N Gear will allow you to purchase a bottle or bottles of wine and have them sent to the dining room or cabin.

I would check with RCI before sending the basket if you want it to go to the dining room. Perhaps the person you are ordering the basket from can give you some help too. Good luck.

Katie

OK here's what happened with us. We were sent a total of 4 bottles of wine by our TA through gifts and gear. I asked our waiter about the corkage fee figuring the fee would still less than purchasing a bottle of wine with dinner.

After he checked with someone, I assume the head waiter, he told us that there is no corkage fee for wine sent by travel agents. He also offered to chill it for us if we stopped by the dining room a half hour before dinner and he also stored the leftovers.

I do not know if this holds true fleet wide we recieved this answer on the Rhapsody 10-22-2006 sailing. We were never asked to prove that the wine had been sent by our TA, though I did have the card that accompanied the wine.

Here's how I understand it. ........ If you order from gifts and gear and have it sent to your room you have to consume it in your room.

If you have it sent to the dining room, no corkage fee is charged.

If you carry a bottle of wine from your room into the dining room then you will be charged a $25.00 corkage fee.

Happy cruising.

You are incorrect. If the wine was purchased from Royal Caribbean by you or your travel agent, then there is no corkage fee no matter where you receive it. If you receive in your cabin, you can bring it to the dining room. You just set it on the table and it will be served. If it was purchased through an outside company, there will definately be a corkage fee if you bring it to the dining room.

This was the exact question that I had. We will be on the Rhapsody in a few weeks and the package I booked with our travel agent included five bottles of wine. We would like to have this with dinner but really don't want to pay the fee and I can't see us drinking five bottles in the cabin.

You are incorrect. If the wine was purchased from Royal Caribbean by you or your travel agent, then there is no corkage fee no matter where you receive it. If you receive in your cabin, you can bring it to the dining room. You just set it on the table and it will be served. If it was purchased through an outside company, there will definately be a corkage fee if you bring it to the dining room.

In the last month, regular CC posters have reported that they were charged the corkage fee in the dining room on wine that was purchased from RCCL by their travel agents so this is one of those situations where it depends on the ship and the sailing.

In the last month, regular CC posters have reported that they were charged the corkage fee in the dining room on wine that was purchased from RCCL by their travel agents so this is one of those situations where it depends on the ship and the sailing.
I buy wine for my clients AND myself on my cruises. There is definately no charge for wine purchased from RCL. We had a total of 14 bottles at our table last September during the week, all carried to the dining room.

I buy wine for my clients AND myself on my cruises. There is definately no charge for wine purchased from RCL. We had a total of 14 bottles at our table last September during the week, all carried to the dining room.

And I'm telling you that on the Radiance repo cruise from Vancouver to California, people I know were charged the corkage fee when they brought a bottle of wine to the dining room that was purchased for them by their TA from RCCL. As I said, it's hit or miss. Just because you weren't charged doesn't mean somebody else hasn't been or won't be.

As I said, it's hit or miss. Just because you weren't charged doesn't mean somebody else hasn't been or won't be.

This is why I asked our waiter before bringing the wine to the dining room. Because like so many other things on RCI it seems to be hit or miss and rules vary from ship to ship. I had fully expected to be charged a corkage fee.

And I'm telling you that on the Radiance repo cruise from Vancouver to California, people I know were charged the corkage fee when they brought a bottle of wine to the dining room that was purchased for them by their TA from RCCL. As I said, it's hit or miss. Just because you weren't charged doesn't mean somebody else hasn't been or won't be.
It's not hit or miss. It's Royal Caribbean's policy. I think you friend maybe just didn't make the waiter understand that the wine was from the ship. If I had the problem, I certainly would have spoken to the head waiter.

Cruisinfanatic,

Wrona is not wrong. You are. Look at the RCI website. It states that if you have wine delivered to your cabin, and take it to the dining room, a corkage fees applies. It has been posted several times on here and I talked to RCI about this as I thought it was ridiculous.

It may be that some ships don't follow that policy, but LOOK AT THEIR WEBSITE. You will see that YOU ARE INCORRECT. This is a quote from their website under purchasing wine--

"Order from the list below and have your favorite bottle delivered to your stateroom or to your table at dinner. Please choose Dining Room delivery if you wish to drink your wine in the dining room (corkage fee is waived). Stateroom delivery indicates you will drink your wine in your stateroom only. "

I think an apology to Wrona is in order.

Katie

Cruisinfanatic,

Wrona is not wrong. You are. Look at the RCI website. It states that if you have wine delivered to your cabin, and take it to the dining room, a corkage fees applies. It has been posted several times on here and I talked to RCI about this as I thought it was ridiculous.

It may be that some ships don't follow that policy, but LOOK AT THEIR WEBSITE. You will see that YOU ARE INCORRECT. This is a quote from their website under purchasing wine--

"Order from the list below and have your favorite bottle delivered to your stateroom or to your table at dinner. Please choose Dining Room delivery if you wish to drink your wine in the dining room (corkage fee is waived). Stateroom delivery indicates you will drink your wine in your stateroom only. "

I think an apology to Wrona is in order.

Katie

Oh give me A BREAK. I have never had this problem with myself or my cliets.

Wrona...are you causing trouble again??? :p ;) :D

ii: I loves you wrona-dog...woof

!:)

Wrona...are you causing trouble again??? :p ;) :D

Of course!!

To cruisinfanatic, here is a link to the thread where the person was charged the Corkage Fee http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=418760&highlight=Radiance+corkage Since you seem to think they were the ones who made the mistake, please go to that thread and ask them.

Stupid question, if you buy liquor from the general store, can you pay a fee to drink the booze in your room?

Thanks in advance

No, you cannot buy a bottle from the store to be consumed onboard.

Archived