How long does HAL take with refund checks?

constructiondude

Sorry to hear you have to cancel (hate when that happens!)

With HAL, depends on when you cancel. If it's within thier billing period (beginning of the month), you'll get the refund right away (1-5 days). Cancel now, it'll usually take 4-6 weeks.

This is from my experience. See you on a 'dam' ship sometime!

:D

See there ya go with that Dam language again...it looks like many people speak the Dam stuff here *S*:cool:

Sorry to hear you have to cancel (hate when that happens!)

With HAL, depends on when you cancel. If it's within thier billing period (beginning of the month), you'll get the refund right away (1-5 days). Cancel now, it'll usually take 4-6 weeks.

This is from my experience. See you on a 'dam' ship sometime!

:D

I might need to cancel my fully paid for cruise. I do have cancellation insurance and I understand the details, I'm just wondering if anyone knows how HAL is with refunds. Are they prompt?

Oh it's not good when you have to cancel.:( Good that you bought insurance.

To my knowledge HAL per say, does not actually refund anything - you file the claim with your Insurer (together with all the required documentation - and, from experience, it's pretty detailed!) you then recive a check from the Insurer for what's due you - maybe in about 6 weeks.

If you're referring to your January cruise, then you're in the full penalty period so far as HAL is concerned and they won't refund anything. As cruiseoften noted, your refund will have to be processed through your travel insurance company. I'd agree that 4-6 weeks is typical, once they get all the proper documentation.

Sorry you may have to cancel. If you have HAL's insurance the refund should be quick. I had to cancel 3 cruises this year (2 of which were fully paid for) and got the credits to my credit card for the cruise and previously booked shore excursions in less than a week each time. One time I didn't get all excusion credits but I called back and they finished them up while I was on the phone.

Its sounds like cancelling any aspect of a cruise is a complete nightmare so I've decided to go ahead and go on the cruise itself because its only 7 days and its completely paid for (I purchased cruiseair n transfers too). However, I have cancelled my precruise plans in San Diego.

But now I'm thoroughly confused about travel insurance, the standard plan which I purchased through HAL. I thought their instructions specifically stated you may cancel for any reason up to one day before the cruise in accordance with their cancellation policy which means I would get most of my money back. If this isn't something that is easy to do, then what is the purpose of having it?

Its sounds like cancelling any aspect of a cruise is a complete nightmare so I've decided to go ahead and go on the cruise ...............

If this isn't something that is easy to do, then what is the purpose of having it?

Reading your comments makes me wonder if you read and understood just what you were paying for. Being required to provide written cancellation 'for any reason' up to 24 hours prior to cruise departure would, to me, seem easy to do. Cancelling for cause, sickness, death etc. is more complicated as documentation of events is required.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Archived