Eastern Carr cruise in April Bad time to sail?

tom e boy

no, you don't have to worry about it being cold in the caribbean in april.

I am assuming you got a deal on a week that was before or after easter/spring break. That is great. It should be just fine (weather wise).

THe price jumps in May and June because that is when summer vacation starts.

Don't worry about it when you are going in april. :) enjoy the cruise.

Is April a bad time to sail ? The price on our April trip was cheap enough to afford, but june and july the are 500 bucks. more..Did I pick a rainy time of year, or too cold?

You just picked the time right after spring break and just before the summer season. Prices usually are a little lower at this time and the weather should not be a problem.

Actually, mid April to Mid May is the absolute best time to cruise the Caribbean IMHO. Good pricing, great weather, and very few children will be onboard.

I agree 110% and the prices are usually much lower. I wouldn't want to do the Caribbean in July/Aug. We have a couple of times, hotter than the place down below we always here about. NMnita

many thanks to you all,,,CRUZMAN... I liked the less children idea, we have two but mom and dad are the only two going this time :D Our itinerary was changed but it does not bother us. we cant miss st maarteen if we have never been there and the Grand Turks and Half Moon Cay sound great... DW can find her jewerly on st. thomas...

We always try and cruise in April/October

April we have always found usually sunny skies and calm seas for the Eastern Caribbean. Gordon is right though......check your calendar in advance for Easter which can fall in April...........

Archived