Champagne Cards - yes or no??

sbrailey

I have read that there are champagne cards available on the ship which discount the price of champagne cocktails. RCCL says they don't have these but there are posts referring to them!

Sailing on the Serenade OTS for Thanksgiving. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks

Sue

The definitive answer is that there is no definitive answer. They are definitely not a fleet-wide thing. They are, apparently, not even a champagne-bar-equipped-shipwide thing. I can say for sure they had them on Explorer in September. I can also say for sure that even there it was not well-advertised even there...and that RCCL customer reps are not the best source of RCCL info.

This thread is probably your best source of information about them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=426022

They were on Explorer in September and October. We bought several. They weren't advertised, just ask the bartender.

They were also on Serenade to Alaska last year and there was a placard advertising them.

On Radiance in '04 they were advertised as well.

Adventure from San Juan '05, they had them but you had to ask...

Thanks so much for the postss! Katrina, I read the thread you suggested (many thanks) and will report back on the Serenade southern carib. route when I return. I must say I am absolutely pysched to find get one of these bad boys on the ship! A real bargain, plus wonderful cocktails! Also love the cash tip idea for possible "missed punch."

This board is really something!

Thanks again! Leaving in 6 days and having finished the laundry, let alone started to pack!

Sue

I knew I was in the presence of champagne greatness, but didn't know she was a Goddess! I should have known. Thanks so much.

BTW....if in fact this card still exists on Serenade OTS...it will be stop one for me. Then get a glass of the bubbly and up to the Thermal Suites! Hee ha!!

I too was following the thread a few weeks ago about the champagne card. On our 22nd Oct cruise on Splendour we went to the champagne bar on the first night and asked about it and were told they didn't do it on this ship.

I was very disappointed!

Julie

Archived