Concierge club/service?

From talking to the Hotel Director herself, Karen Luppes, the Windjammer will be completely demolished and redone so there isn't as much congestion as you walk into the WJ. The islands will allow a better flow of traffic so you aren't running into so many people. New bedding is being installed in all of the staterooms. They are also tearing up the Suites and redoing marble etc in them. They have been in the process of changing out the water pipes for 1 1/2 years. When we were on the Rhapsody last month we had two nights where they turned off the water for several hours. This is so they can change out larger parts of the plumbing. They try not to inconvience anymore people than they have to.

While they are redoing the Windjammer the dining room will be used as the WJ. One floor will serve traditional breakfast and lunch, the other will be the buffet style. They were running lots of wiring in the overhead compartments in the hallways. I believe they are putting cameras in all of the halls.

You know I forgot to ask about the CL lounge as I wasn't a Diamond member then....;) I am now.... shucks I guess I should have asked.

On the Brilliance I did have a margarita and a friend had an appletini in the over flow lounge. Are they considered..... froo froo drinks?

Which ship are you talking about that is being refurbished. checked earlier posts and I am confused.

MACOP, what you describe is a Cape Codder. A Cosmo has triple-sec or even better Cointreau in addition to the ingredients you state. Only a tiny bit of cranberry juice should be added just to give the drink a pink blush color. A cosmo is served "up" in a long-stemmed chilled martini glass....never over ice unless, of course, you ask for it that way. I love a good Cosmo or maybe two!!!!

MACOP, what you describe is a Cape Codder. A Cosmo has triple-sec or even better Cointreau in addition to the ingredients you state. Only a tiny bit of cranberry juice should be added just to give the drink a pink blush color. A cosmo is served "up" in a long-stemmed chilled martini glass....never over ice unless, of course, you ask for it that way. I love a good Cosmo or maybe two!!!!

Thank you! Very correct!

I'm sure "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", a cosmo is served over ice in a tumbler.

"If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow why oh why can't I?" :p ;) :D

I have to say that I had a very bad reaction to reading this.

If this is the attitude of such members, no wonder that other people on the Freedom members cruise complained about the snotty me-me-me attitude of Diamonds and Diamond Plus.

Fortunately, I don't think that this is the attitude of MOST of the Ds and D+s that I have met on CC. :) :) :)

This is definitely not my attitude, I barely use the CL, except in the morning for coffee. I would never wear one of those pins. Besides being a Diamond member, we always get a GS, we can do it, and that's our business. We are no better than anyone else on the ship, and we don't expect to be treated as such!

I was a lowly platinum on that member's cruise, and didn't love the me me attitude of those I travelled with that made it be known to me they were diamond. I'll leave those memories in the past...I will be diamond in May on my Serenade cruise, and quite frankly am looking forward to enjoying my whole experience. Doesn't matter if I'm gold, diamond or otherwise!

I was a lowly platinum on that member's cruise, and didn't love the me me attitude of those I travelled with that made it be known to me they were diamond. I'll leave those memories in the past...I will be diamond in May on my Serenade cruise, and quite frankly am looking forward to enjoying my whole experience. Doesn't matter if I'm gold, diamond or otherwise!

Hope Maritza is your Concierge. She is great, very helpful, personable and made Serenade's CL a wonderful place to relax.

• 3 weeks later...

Just came across this thread and hope that I am not repeating anyone elses info. We were on Splendour last August and she just added a CL, it was where the library used to be, Angelo was our Concierge, what a man!! has anyone been on Splendour recently and met him?

Helen

Just came across this thread and hope that I am not repeating anyone elses info. We were on Splendour last August and she just added a CL, it was where the library used to be, Angelo was our Concierge, what a man!! has anyone been on Splendour recently and met him?

Helen

Hello Helen from Edinburgh, I'm Sheila from Ayr, (Now living in Delaware USA) We will be on Splendor next year and wonder about the new lounge. Did they get a specialty coffee machine in there?

This thread is too funny! I don't know why I have never seen it before. LOL

I am diamond and didn't even know the pins existed. I wouldn't wear one anyways.....Now the luggage tags would be nice. Maybe I will call and request them.

We are sailing the Serenade for the first time in April. I can't wait to be able to sit in a lounge that has windows! Our favorite time to use the lounge is around 2:00 in the afternoon for coffee.

I have never seen a lounge that has lunch set up. Sometimes we have seen cookies at tea time (usually 4:00). But that has been rare.

I also hope it is true, but wouldn't place a lot of faith in it given the source. While the cruise staff and crew often know a lot about what going on, the accuracy of some of the information they impart leaves a lot to be desired. I would wait to see if RCI makes any announcement regarding the addition of a CL and also wait to hear from those who cruise on her after the drydock takes place. Trust but verify.:D Interesting to note that the recent refurbishment and updating of the Majesty which made some major additions to the public areas, including a JRs, Boleros lounge etc., did not add a CL. Perhaps the fact that Majesty will be doing 3 and 4 day cruises influenced their decision, but it does not look like the entire fleet will have Concierge lounges at any time in the near future. I am hoping that the Legend will have one added ala the Splendour, before we sail on her next year.

I just booked a 12 day Med cruise on the Legend OTS for Nov 07 and would like to know if RCCL will be putting in a CL like the one on its sister ship the Splendour OTS. When I called the C & A desk to swap a previous on board booking over to the Legend OTS, I asked if the Legend OTS would be getting a CL like the one on the Splendour OTS> She said that she didn't know about one for the Legend OTS and was supriosed that the Splendour OTS had one.

CC memebrs you are correct>>> RCCL customer service (including C & A desk) don't always have correct information about their ship >>> So what about it CC members when will the Legend OTS get a CL (ships doing longer more $ cruises should have them). Anyone heard any rumors???

OK RCCL, if the Legend OTS does not get one before it starts its high $ med cruises, couldn't you make some area an Aux CL lounge (like they did for memebr cruises when the CL louge was too busy) for a few hours in the evening??

I am diamond and didn't even know the pins existed. I wouldn't wear one anyways.....Now the luggage tags would be nice. Maybe I will call and request them.

We are sailing the Serenade for the first time in April. I can't wait to be able to sit in a lounge that has windows! Our favorite time to use the lounge is around 2:00 in the afternoon for coffee.

I have never seen a lounge that has lunch set up. Sometimes we have seen cookies at tea time (usually 4:00). But that has been rare.

No body else has had lunch in the CL...that was a one time thing.....

I had all the pins....sold them on EBay to a fellow CCer!:p We've done the SR twice.............pretty class of ship...........

Hope you have Maritza on the Serenade cruise as Concierge. She was wonderful. I also loved the floor to ceiling windows on the bump for Serenade's CL. Great view of the whales from there last August on our Alaska cruise.

I just booked a 12 day Med cruise on the Legend OTS for Nov 07 and would like to know if RCCL will be putting in a CL like the one on its sister ship the Splendour OTS. When I called the C & A desk to swap a previous on board booking over to the Legend OTS, I asked if the Legend OTS would be getting a CL like the one on the Splendour OTS> She said that she didn't know about one for the Legend OTS and was supriosed that the Splendour OTS had one.

CC memebrs you are correct>>> RCCL customer service (including C & A desk) don't always have correct information about their ship >>> So what about it CC members when will the Legend OTS get a CL (ships doing longer more $ cruises should have them). Anyone heard any rumors???

OK RCCL, if the Legend OTS does not get one before it starts its high $ med cruises, couldn't you make some area an Aux CL lounge (like they did for memebr cruises when the CL louge was too busy) for a few hours in the evening??

Haven't heard of read anything that would indicate that Legend is due to have a concierge lounge added to her. Wish that it would as we would make good use of it next February, but with or without a CL, we intend to enjoy our time on Legend. A new and different itinerary that brings us to a couple of ports we have not visited before and a few that we haven't been to for several years. We booked this cruise last November and prices have doubled since then.

For anyone who feels they need to get more respect by wearing a diamond pin there is one for sale on EBAY right now! It's at 19.00 plus shipping. So much for spending thousands on cruises;) Type in Royal Caribbean Diamond Pin! I think there's more in buy it now but didn't bother to look at them. I see them on Ebay all the time so I guess the pin isn't really that important to a lot of people. Personally I think the crew and the staff on the RCCL ships treat us all very well no matter what level we are at. :)

For anyone who feels they need to get more respect by wearing a diamond pin there is one for sale on EBAY right now! It's at 19.00 plus shipping. So much for spending thousands on cruises;) Type in Royal Caribbean Diamond Pin! I think there's more in buy it now but didn't bother to look at them. I see them on Ebay all the time so I guess the pin isn't really that important to a lot of people. Personally I think the crew and the staff on the RCCL ships treat us all very well no matter what level we are at. :)

Why would you assume that anyone is looking for more respect by wearing their pin? Isn't wearing your pin in line with the suggestion from Royal Caribbean's congratulations letter?

" Congratulations and welcome to a brand-new level of membership in the Crown & Anchor Society: Diamond Plus. It's a special status we created to recognize our most loyal members and ensure that the time you choose to spend with us is all the more memorable.

Enclosed, you'll find a custom-designed lapel pin for you to wear onboard to signify your new status." etc......

Nowhere does it say you will get more respect if you wear your pin.

To each his own.

Here is the letter we received from C&A.

Dear Ms. Stultz,

Thank you for your email. Luggage tags were a benefit until the end of 2002. We have been fulfilling requests from the remaining stock. Regrettably, the stock is now depleted and we no longer able to fulfill any requests for the luggage tags. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred regarding the luggage tags.

The Diamond Pins may be available onboard. Please contact the Loyalty Ambassador onboard your next sailing and they will be happy to provide you with the Diamond Pins if available.

Ms. Stultz, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon. Get out there! (sm)

• 5 months later...
Haven't heard of read anything that would indicate that Legend is due to have a concierge lounge added to her. Wish that it would as we would make good use of it next February, but with or without a CL, we intend to enjoy our time on Legend. A new and different itinerary that brings us to a couple of ports we have not visited before and a few that we haven't been to for several years. We booked this cruise last November and prices have doubled since then.

Rumor has it that the Legend of the Seas now has a concierge lounge added to her just like the Splendour of the Seas.

Way to go RCL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rumor has it that the Legend of the Seas now has a concierge lounge added to her just like the Splendour of the Seas.

Way to go RCL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It´s a fact. I´vr been on Legend OTS on the 05/31 sailing and it was the second sailing after the Concierge lounge was added.

Archived