Just Upgraded!

theawesome1

It means you are now located under the Cafe, with Concierge Class perks.

You've gained 20 sqft in cabin room, and if I am remembering correctly you had picked on of the 2B cabins with a deeper balcony, so you are probably losing space on the balcony. The difference in balcony size from standard balcony cabins to the Cat 1 and CC cabins is 3 sqft (not including those 2B with the deeper balconies).

I'd check with my agent to see if I couldn't move that CC cabin forward.more towards being under the spa to avoid early morning noises from the Cafe.

Totally amazing as I am walking into walls ;-) after waking at 3AM to a dead Cusinart $135 coffeemaker, so off to WalMart & got a $35 Hamilton Beach us a mug for coffee maker which brews 12 cups but no carafe or hotplate. Step 1 in the right direction. Then sit down at my 'puter & an email from Victoria tells me we've been upgraded from 6018 to 9140. Then ads that a suite may happen but I told her I like the idea of CC with the Steward as a butler instead of someone walking in unannounced.

I sent THANK YOU cards to her & Jack for the special treatment & what was promised will happen. My dear husband just sits with a big grin not knowing how this happens but loving it. He read the email, saw the photo sent, and also phoned Victoria to say thank you.

2005 will be Panama Canal (Transcanal as I am told to say with us getting a discounted sail aboard Connie - 14 months up front), so no transatlantic in 2005. Another laugh we had was the idea of hurricanes in September tho Jack stated not that far North. But he added Brenda is on the ship so look out!

We will be renewing our vows with the 200 friends aboard in attendance, nice event with others joining us do it. She told me it was no charge since it isn't legal.

So now I have a husband looking forward to the pillow menu, as he will take them all to see what he likes. Have you done that? He like knowing he has a REAL shower too from you guys posting.

This is just too exciting...... 50 days to go.

TwoforTwo, we are non smoking side. If that is you, we may be neighbors. Between CC & CT there are almost 200 folks signed for TIT4TAT/Connections party & various other goodies from tour of various categories of cabins, to dinners at Oceanliners & other stuff. Sue Clark won the door sign contest for TIT4TAT, and she is quite a gal with a wonderful husband.

we are non smoking side.

This is correct, but it doesn't apply to the cabins. We don't smoke.

I have been following the Roll call thread since LindaE started it last July.

We were # 24 & 25 to sign up for the CC party, ya, I know, big deal! :D :D

Oh PLEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZE

Have you seen the rates on this cruise???

It's been through several revenue adjustments.

Currently, there's very little fare difference between a 2C and CC.

I know her agent. This agent is pretty good about watching fares.. and getting upgrades if conditions warrant. In other words, instead of refunding the difference in the new fare, this agent gets an upgrade for the client.

There's nothing really free about it. Just adjusting category to the price already paid.

Funny, how the poster didn't mention the Jack Williams connection to the upgrade when she posted on rec.travel.cruises. Could be because on newsgroups, agents can post openly..and do. And they KNOW!!

Wasn't there already a sizeable group on the rollcall prior to the poster booking the Connie transat?

that only applies to the outside deck areas and some lounges, not the cabin decks.....there are no such things as non smoking sides of the ship. :rolleyes: We had a balcony on the Constellation and the guy next door to us smoked cigars and it drifted.

Stephanie

Surprise Oxy! Lori knew nothing about the upgrade til I told her. Not even a fax from X. As far as rates I checked & far more than what we paid last November. Air if I booked it was $1500 PP more than the $599 X charged. So Lori did do great booking, as usual, but friends we enjoy us & give us presents too.

As I understand it, if you book a certain amount of cabins on one sailing, you get a FREE cabin. And I thought it was something like 15. So if you've got 200 folks traveling as part of YOUR group, assuming they're all traveling double, it sounds like you really deserve more than a Concierge Class upgrade!

Or perhaps I'm not understanding the entire situation. If that is the case, then in the words of Emily Litella, "never mind."

I don't understand any of this, you just made friends with Jack Williams and his assistant thru a phone call to him one day, now you are getting upgrades from his office is this correct? I feel as though I am missing something here, I am happy for your upgrade as Celebrity does not hand them out very often, but really, I don't understand this whole thread!

You have got 200 people traveling on this trans-atlantic is that correct also?

Friends that you personally have had book this cruise to see your vow renewals? Help me understand. I have followed your thread from the beginning hoping it would become clear but I have to ask as I keep getting more and more confused.

I am sorry, I must have mis-read the post, cause for my confusion I suppose.

I am still confused on the upgrade topic, this you say was done because you know Jack Williams and his assistant from making a phone call to his office? Or did you know them previously? I think it is great that you received an upgrade especially if it occurred because you phoned his office and he is that people friendly, someone in his position I would not think would be. Enjoy your cc perks.....they are very nice!!

Cabin 9140 should be under the buffet area, which is carpeted, so there shouldn't be a problem with noise. I too am amazed that Mr. Williams, or is it just Jack, is giving you upgrades. I was under the impression you had never met and just called his office one day and spoke to his secretary. You must be some sweet talker. I've had upgrades from Lori when we've booked guarantees, but I am surprised they would just upgrade you when they don't even do this for elite CC members.

Archived