Amex Platinum card sbc?

Charliesmom

My travel agent assures me that my $300 Amex shipboard credit is in the record, but I did not receive a voucher for it as in the past.

Has anyone had this experience and found that the shipboard credit was there for them when they boarded?

Roberta

Roberta.....

They no longer put vouchers in the document packet.

We always bring a copy of our HAL confirmation that shows the AmEx Platinum credit is due us.

We have not had a problem, nor needed to produce the confirmation, since they stopped issuing the vouchers. We bring it with us 'just in case'.

Have a great cruise.

On our Amsterdam cruise in Mar/Apr we were also told by our TA who had gotten a fax from HAL that we would be credited with the $300 shipboard credit once we got on the ship since they are no longer doing vouchers. We checked the 2nd day we were on the ship --- no record of our AMEX for anything. It took nearly 6 days for the front office to contact HAL and Seattle to get back to the ship that we were indeed entitled to the shipboard credit, the extra bottle of champagne, and the first night free at the Pinnacle. It wasn't until the end of that cruise that we finally got the credit for our free dinner.

We also had the same problems on our back-to-back cruises on the Statendam in June -- again took several days to get everything straightened out AND THEN we were told by our concierge that HAL was no longer honoring the free dinner. When we got home our TA was on vacation so I wrote everything up and had it ready for her when she returned from vacation. We finally got re-imbursed for that dinner in September.

We have just completed back-to-back cruises on the Volendam. Had no problems with anything along that line. The AMEX shipboard credit showed up right away for the 1st segment and the Carnival shipboard credit for the 2nd segment. Got our bottle of champagne from AMEX on time.

Buit this time our card indicated that we could choose any night to go to the Pinnacle -- it didn't have to be the first night.

We also got back from a B2B on the Westerdam. I had the confirmation number(s) with me, and found a gift card from my agent with shipboard credit confirmation as well. I think because we had 2 different booking numbers we got the same credit for both cruises. We brought the cards from our cabin to front desk and had no problems.

I think as long as you have your confirmation number ( agent should get it from Hal for you) all will go well.

We also got pinnicale grill voucher and did not have to eat there the first night. But only one dinner for both cruises, not two.

Archived