Princess bathrobes. Worth the $90?

icunjl

First time on the Diamond April 28th. Are the bathrobes that are for sale, good quality? Dan

We have always requested one and used it while cruising... But we have never bought one. Guess it is worth it if you want the Princess logo on your bathrobe. ;)

I use one while cruising, so I don't have to bring my own, but I can't say I really like it. I'm small and it's just too darn big and heavy. So for me the answer is no, not worth $90 unless you want it as a souvineer. I certainly don't think the quality is that great.

We just got off the Regal Pr. last week and we had requested and got the bathrobes for use during our cruise. They were OK to use for the cruise but I wouldn't pay $90 each for them. The material it was made of was not terry cloth but a square woven pattern that in my opinion looked cheap.The bathrobe tie around/belt did come in handy as I used it as part of my costume for Halloween. Here is a shot of the tie around/belt

regal9b.jpg.3a6217af59c72f9adb3009cc095f10aa.jpg

Princess has 2 different robes. One is $90 and I believe the other is $50 or so.

I believe if you are in a suite - you get the nicer ones to use in your cabin (the $90 ones). In the regular cabin - they are more of the waffle type robes which cost around $50.

We've never asked for robes, but we've had both kinds appear in the cabin. I don't particularly care for either, but I almost never use a robe -- home or away. They are alllllways too big and bulky for me. So, my vote here would be 'no.'

Now what I *would* pay $90 for and what would serve me better than a robe is a drape that can be drawn between the entry/closet/bathroom area and the sleeping/living area in the cabins. One of these days, my husband is going to come back from somewhere, swing the cabin door wide open and find me either diving for cover or charging admission.

:) Yes, they apparently sell a light waffle material type for $45 and a heavier terry type for the $90. You can go to Macys and get a nice Nautica robe for around $75 or so. I guess it comes down to a souvenier issue...for the additional costs. Let's see....Cabo Wabo tequilla or a fluffy bathrobe with the Princess logo on it.....Tequilla Wins! I actually considered that the souvenier would be nice, even at $90, but if Suzanne wants one, no problem. I'll put my $90 in trade for some awesome cigars to enjoy while sipping brandy on that E735 deck as the sun starts to set! O M G ! :D

Archived